C-sections

ECV or not

I was just wondering if any of you had to have an emergency c-section because of complications with an ECV. I just found out my baby is breech not long ago and they want me to have a ECV. I have been reading a bit about them online but would like to hear some peoples experiences...

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ECV or not

  • I decided not to have this procedure done. I asked friends, read up on the risks and have even prayed about what I should do. I feel like he is breached for a reason and has been since,way before 30 weeks. There is a 50/50 chance that the version procedure would work and I don't want to put him in any distress during that which could lead to an emergency c-section right then and there. I am 37 1/2 weeks now and have a scheduled c-section planned for Nov. 7th (one week before he is actually due). Good-luck with your decision.
  • I had a successful ECV at 38 weeks.  It ended up not mattering because I had a c-section anyway.  My OB/GYN has never had a complication from performing a ECV and the risks are very, very low.  I think it's worth a shot but it's ultimately a very personal choice.  If I had it to do over, I would definitely do it again to try to avoid c-section because I did not have a pleasant c-section/recovery experience.  Good luck with your decision. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same way. If he is comfortable where he is then why risk putting him in any kind of danger or distress. I would rather have a scheduled c-section then an emergency c-section. My OB just told me she was going to schedule me an appointment and never actually asked if that's what I wanted.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image tinkerbell.8.6:

    I feel the same way. If he is comfortable where he is then why risk putting him in any kind of danger or distress. I would rather have a scheduled c-section then an emergency c-section. My OB just told me she was going to schedule me an appointment and never actually asked if that's what I wanted.

    yeah, they def. should have asked you before just scheduling the version procedure. They asked me and at first I said "ok, lets try it", but then I backed out a day later and canceled. So, now my c/s is scheduled in a week and a half. Don't get me wrong though, I feel like this is what is best for the baby. And I am kinda nervous/scared of the surgery, but sure that I will be just fine  Smile

  • To each her own, but I'm always surprised by the anti-ECV sentiments on the boards.  Statistically, you're more likely to have complications from a c-section than you are from your ECV.  But again, as I said before, I understand it's a personal decision. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an ECV on Tuesday. It didnt hurt anywhere near as bad as I thought it would. My baby wouldnt move but it has been in the breech position since at least 32 weeks. I am very glad I tried it even though it did not work. My doctor warned me it was a 50/50 shot.
  • I think I read to much about it and there is most likely more bad stories online then successful ones. I will just have to talk to my doctor about it more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My appointment is scheduled on Monday.... I might as well try everything I can. Hopefully it works!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards