June 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone tried The Little Gym?

I just got an email with four free classes at The Little Gym.  I would really like something to get us out one day a week for something other than grocery shopping.  Anyone tried this place yet? Wondering what the cost is and if your LO enjoys the class.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone tried The Little Gym?

• Options

My DS started little gym when he was 10 months old.  He is 3 1/2 now and still goes.  It's been so wonderful for him.  Now that he's in the class with out me he runs around like crazy and gets a lot of energy out.  When he was younger it helped teach him balance and coordination and it was great for me too!  I'm friends with some of the moms and we have met up for playdates after the classes.  I've already enrolled DD and she is going to start at the middle of the semester when she is 8 months old.  I highly recommend it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great. Just out of curiosity why not start earlier? I was thinking of trying it because it started at 4 months. Should I wait?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I heard all great things about The Little Gym!  Unfortunately the 4 month classes for us are on Tuesdays and I work.  I can not wait until he is 10 month when the weekend classes get started.
  • Options

I've also become really good friends with the owner and a couple of the instructors and they all recommended that I start DD at around 6 months or so because it's better when they can sit up on their own and it's even better when they crawl.  I was going to start DD at 4 months but decided to push it back to 8 months in hopes that she'll be crawling by then.  So they recommended waiting so that's what I am personnally going to do.  It's about $20 per class (I don't know the exact amount because I pay for the semester in two payments) so it's kind of pricey but IMO well worth it!  You could always try the free introductory class just get a feel for it and then if you think it would be fine to start right away then go for it.  If you get the vibe that it would be better to wait, you can always enroll and then start the classes when you are ready.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD went to The Little Gym from 1-3 years old. It was kind of expensive, as another poster said, but she LOVED it. I took her to Gymboree from 6-9 months before I went back to work and it was fun, but she got so much more out of the experience once she was moving around on her own. We only stopped going because we joined the Y as a family and it is too expensive for us to do both. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I called to get pricing the other day and it was $75 a month. I'd really like to do it but I think that's a lot of money for just one class a week.
  • Options
    I too have been trying to decide between them a Gymboree. They are much closer to our house than Gymboree. Anyone know if the price is about the same with the two??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"