1st Trimester

How much blood before you call/go to the ER?

I woke up this morning around 6 am with bad cramps and some red spotting. The cramps honestly felt more like "gotta go potty" cramps than anything else, and I've had red spotting before that's always resolved quickly on its own, so I just went back to bed. 

Now (4-5) hours later I'm still having bright red blood. It's not coming out of the on it's own (none on underwear) but its definitely there when I wipe. I've went through a lot of toilet paper this morning and every wipe was covered in blood. The cramps now are there but there moderate and dull.

Should I call now or wait and see if more develops?  

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
D&E 10.27.2011
I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much blood before you call/go to the ER?

• Call. There's really no reason not too.. If they're not worried, they'll just let you know that. They'll be glad you called.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Call for sure.

I had LOTS of bright red blood but they wanted me to call every time! Obviously things turned out ok, but you should call! 

• Loading the player...
  • I would definitely call and since it is regular hours I wouldn't go to the ER. Hopefully it is nothing!!
  • Do I call the "emergency" line, or the "concern that can't wait until the next appointment" line?
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehoping4sticky:
    I would definitely call and since it is regular hours I wouldn't go to the ER. Hopefully it is nothing!!

This!

I had bleeding incidents for about 9 weeks. I had to go to OB Triage once but it was a referral by my OB during reg hours. I always felt better calling. Since it was bright red blood they always wanted me to come in just to be sure. It made me feel a LOT better! 

• Weird we are about the same number of days and weeks along.  So far have had no issues and then this morning noticed spotting in my underwear and when I wiped it was bright red with little tiny clots.  It seemed to go away on its own and I felt the same.  Cramps that felt like I had to go #2 and then when I got to work I did go to the bathroom and felt a lot better and now have no cramps and very very light pink spotting.  I called my Dr. and she said it all sounds like it was from constipation and straining, however they called me back and scheduled an U/S just in case.  So I am going in tomorrow.  I feel ok but I am a little worried.  They also said no sex, no heavy lifting and no exercise for ten days.  Hopefully everything is ok.  GL to you!!
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imagecandr09:
    Do I call the "emergency" line, or the "concern that can't wait until the next appointment" line?

This one.  The emergency line is typically for after hours concerns where you're looking for guidance on whether or not to go to the ER.  In this case the office is open so if they feel you need to be seen they'd likely have to you come vs heading to the hospital. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I would call since you said it's bright red and covers the toilet paper. Normally they say if you can fill a pad up hen it's enough to be concerned but it doesn't sound like that much.

Definitely call though or if you are really worried go to an ER and I'm sure they will give you an immediate u/s. 

I hope you and baby are alright! T & P's!!!

• Hugs and T&P to you! Like the PP's said, most definitely call. Hopefully it is nothing at all. Keep us updated!
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • I would call the "I can't wait" line. I would assume with red blood and cramps they will get you in asap just to check it all out.

Ill be thinking of you :) To possibly make you feel better, I had enough blood to fill about 4 pads in 15 minutes on more than 1 occasion. The last time it happened it was so much, so fast, all I could do was sit on the toilet and wait for it to stop! Worse than any period I have ever seen.

Turns out I have a polyp on my cervix that would fill, then bleed, then repeat. It is NOT always something bad. Scary as fvck, but not always bad!! 

• Call and see if they can get you in for an u/s, it will ease your mind and make you feel better.
    My little pumpkin was born at 34weeks, weighing 3lbs, due to severe IUGR & Unexplained Placental Insufficiency. He spent 49 days in the NICU. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • I agree with PP that you need to call, and call the "can't wait line."  My Dr told me to call if there was enough blood to fill a pad in an hour.  Hope everything turns out ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecandr09:

I woke up this morning around 6 am with bad cramps and some red spotting. The cramps honestly felt more like "gotta go potty" cramps than anything else, and I've had red spotting before that's always resolved quickly on its own, so I just went back to bed. 

Now (4-5) hours later I'm still having bright red blood. It's not coming out of the on it's own (none on underwear) but its definitely there when I wipe. I've went through a lot of toilet paper this morning and every wipe was covered in blood. The cramps now are there but there moderate and dull.

Should I call now or wait and see if more develops?  

If you are only noticing when you wipe, I'm assuming it's after you pee....Maybe you have a UTI or bladder infection?  Hematuria (blood in the urine) is common with UTI and BI's.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd call your OB and see what they say
    Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • I'm experiencing the same as you but don't really have any cramps. I have been spotting since yesterday and its bright red blood and now I am having a few little clots. I'm 4weeks4days. I hope everything turns out alright for you. Keep us posted = )
  • I would call.  I know my OB always wants to call with any amount of blood.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • imagecjpreuss:
    Call. There's really no reason not too.. If they're not worried, they'll just let you know that. They'll be glad you called.

this.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Definitely call, if only for peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"