Breastfeeding

Wow people really don't support you when BFing do they!

I'm having minor supply shortage, we were at 3 2 oz bottles of supplemental formula practically since birth now I'm down to one a day:whoot.  I'm taking all these gross herbs, pumping after feedings, eating what I'm supposed to, making sure I drink, yada, yada.  I make sure I don't eat things that will bother LO, can't enjoy a giant margarita and all these other sacrifices and all I hear all day long is: "Just give him a bottle." 

I'm wavering every day to quit BFING and I manage to stay strong enough to keep going even with all the just quit advice.  Would it be soo hard for someone to say: wow, good job, way to make the extra effort, I know that can't be easy.  Sheesh

So, GOOD JOB ladies!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wow people really don't support you when BFing do they!

• Wow, good job! I know its not easy! lol

seriously- try not to let people get you down! I am feelings so lucky that my DH is so supportive after reading this post. Just because I have wavered a few times, and every time I tell him about it he reminds me why I am doing it and that I wanted this for our LO, etc. I probably would have quit by now if he and  others constantly told me to!

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Congratulations to you!

My LO will only take about 2 oz of BM from a bottle and completely refuses formula, so when people tell me to switch to formula I tell them its impossible. LO loves her some fresh booby juice :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • People dont understand.  You are doing a great job. 

I BF my LO for 13 months, but I dont understand parents that think formula is poison.  I have a guy at my office that told me this because another woman decided that pumping was too much for her at work. 

I believe BM is best, but I will not have a hungry baby.  And every momma/baby have their own issues with breastfeeding.  Luckly for me, my biggest problems were the pain (in the a$$) of pump and alittle real pain with teeth came in.  LOL. 

• No people are not supportive of BFing at all. You're doing awesome and are giving your baby something wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Those people who say just give a bottle were obviously never comitted BFers.  Those are not the people you should be confiding in because that's all the advice you'll get.  I learned when I wanted a natural delivery that some things people just can't/won't support unless they did it themselves. Ignore the pessimistic ones and remember you are doing a good job!  Because BFing is not easy and it does take a lot of effort. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a lot of friends who are in the mindset of 'just give the baby a bottle', simply because it is easier...... I guess I'm really lucky that the only two woman I work closely with both BF'd their children and are into organic food and formula creeps them out. They have been coaching me my whole pregnancy since they know I want to BF. They pumped at work and one of them pumped for 16 months with their first child. Most of the men I work with have children and their wives BF'd too. My mom BF me and my Aunt BF for 2 years. It is nice to be surrounded by people who are very supportive and encouraging me to BF.  The person I share an office with said that he'll gladly blast music to cover up the pumping sound so I can work at my desk rather than bring walk up to the HR's reserved conference room for me to pump in. 
  • You are doing a great thing for your baby and making a lot of personal sacrifices! 

I am back to work and unable to keep up pumping with what my LO eats.  When I think about my journey becoming a mom I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of support for breastfeeding moms - my mom had her children in the early 80s and she says not much has changed in terms of bf support. Boo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"