1st Trimester

teeth grinding/jaw clenching?

Hello,

I am seven weeks pregnant and for the last week the right side of my  jaw has been really sore. My husband is a dentist and he thinks I might be grinding my teeth at night. I have never been a teeth grinder, and am wondering if this is part of pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Re: teeth grinding/jaw clenching?

• I am only 5 weeks pregnant but I noticed the left side of my jaw hurting right about the same time I found out I was pregnant.  It's still and hard to open in the morning but it eases up throughout the day.  I thought maybe it was my nerves and stress making me clench my teeth at night.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've caught myself clenching my teeth at random throughout the day.  I'm a nighttime grinder though, so I don't know if there's any correlation
    image. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've definitely been clenching my teeth at night recently, and sometimes find myself doing it during the day as well.  I've always clenched when stressed, so for me I didn't think of it as pregnancy, but I suppose it could be!  Mind you, the difference now is where my tongue lies in my mouth, way further forward than normal.  Totally weird. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards