Success after IF
Options

Anyone out there get a BFP after IUI cancelled?

I reacted well this cycle and had 5 mature follies, however the day the IUI was scheduled it was cancelled due to very low sperm count :( Has anyone out there been in this situation and still gotten a BFP naturally?  We are still having relations in hopes it may work since I had 5 mature follies - any feedback is appreciated - thanks! 

Re: Anyone out there get a BFP after IUI cancelled?

• Options
    We aren't dealing with MFI so it might be different, but I would never even try with 5 follies for gear of HOM.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    We unfortunately are dealing with severe MFI - this would have been my 9th IUI cycle - yes 9 - our insurance does not cover IVF but covers IUI unlimited so while we are scraping together the funds for IVF our doc is allowing us to do IUIs - they are ok with this as long as all my bloodwork and ultrasounds in between show my body is not having any side effects which so far I have been good - with each cycle (most of which are non-medicated) I produced between 3-5 mature follies naturally - so frustrating as I know I can achieve a pregnancy my DH's sperm count is the only thing working against us :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecherylanne3550:
    We unfortunately are dealing with severe MFI - this would have been my 9th IUI cycle - yes 9 - our insurance does not cover IVF but covers IUI unlimited so while we are scraping together the funds for IVF our doc is allowing us to do IUIs - they are ok with this as long as all my bloodwork and ultrasounds in between show my body is not having any side effects which so far I have been good - with each cycle (most of which are non-medicated) I produced between 3-5 mature follies naturally - so frustrating as I know I can achieve a pregnancy my DH's sperm count is the only thing working against us :(
    Gotcha. I can imagine how frustrating it must be, and I really hate that insurance issues play such a big role in treatment decisions. I hope you find success soon!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    It is so frustrating!  Honestly when we went for our first consult in January we had no idea we would be faced with this and were not prepared at all :(  If our insurance covered IVF we would have done that from the get go since this is what they recommended.....if the insurance company looks at all the funds they have put out for us since January it FAR exceeds an IVF cycle so why not just cover it from the get go?!  UGH!
  • Options

we did!  our count isn't severely low, about 7mil/mL which goes up to about 11 or 12 when he is on clomid.  We had a day out of town when I o'd so we decided to reschedule for the next month.  When I called the nurse she said " you could try having sex, some people do get pg having sex" lol and what do you know, it worked!

GL!

E

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Good luck!  There are some success stories on this board in situations you've described.  So sorry about the insurance - it is such a pain. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks and yes it is!  It sucks the state I live in is not one where it's required by law - our luck it will go through after we go through all of this :(
  • Options
    We did :)  DH only had 10 mil motile with 2% morph (pre wash) and somehow we got a surprise BFP from only having sex.  Never thought that would happen ... now just hoping it sticks!!
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options

imageDragonfly1226:
    We aren't dealing with MFI so it might be different, but I would never even try with 5 follies for gear of HOM.

This. Regardless of insurance or MFI reasons, I would never try with 5 mature follicles because of the HOM risk. 

My RE wouldn't even try IUI with our count issues. He felt it was a waste of our money and was very honest with us about that. I understand wanting to try SOMETHING while saving up for IVF, but if you've done so many IUIs at this point, maybe it's time to start putting the IUI money towards IVF.

And just for the record, even mandated states aren't bulletproof. I live in NJ which has an excellent mandate, and I had no coverage for the longest time. Eventually we switched to DH's insurance, which costs us almost $20k/year before copays and deductible. But now we have mandate coverage, so to us it's worth it. I figure it's the cost of 1 cycle for the opportunity to have 4. It's like our own little shared risk program.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Our docs gave us the choice to do the IUIs or not since I am ok and we had the coverage, they were very clear from the beginning the odds of it working were very slim but I figured why not go for it, we never got our hopes up just thought maybe we would beat the odds....as long as my bloodwork and ultrasounds checked out ok each month they said it was our choice. the amount we have put out so far has been minimal since our copays are low, maybe a couple hundred dollars - far from the close to $20K needed for an IVF cycle - I think if the copays were steeper we would have banked everything from the get go...it sucks because if we had the coverage or that type of money we would have done IVF from the get go but that was not the case, we were completely blindsided by the diagnosis :(   We are close to having all the $$ for IVF sp hope to be moving on soon :)  Thank you both for yuor feedback!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"