3rd Trimester

Losing Weight?

Just a little freaked out. At my appointment last week I weighed in at about 145 and a half, but I just weighed myself and I'm down to 138.7? I'm only 33 weeks pregnant, so I'm kind of concerned. I googled pregnancy weight loss, but can't find anything that is really helpful. I also called my OB's office, but got no answer and I don't have a "Freaked Out and Need Some Reassurance" number for her... which seems really dumb now that I think about it...

So, when at a loss, I turn to you all.

Should I be concerned? Is it normal to have lost this much weight at this point? If someone had told me I would be losing weight at this point in the game, I'd have thought they were nuts.

**A side note- I am drinking the same amount of fluids as I have been throughout my pregnancy and, if anything, I am eating more than ever before... So I don't think my diet has much to do with it? Baby is still very active, also, so I'm not freaking out about that. But I can't help but worry that me losing this much weight in such a short time is, you know, a bad thing.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Losing Weight?

• If those weights aren't from the same scale, I definitely wouldn't worry about it too much.  Your home scale can vary a lot from an office scale.  Also, water weight can be a huge factor, too, at this point...I've been working on the same few pounds for a while now, gaining some then losing some then gaining some.  I would take it as a good thing that baby is still active and call again when you can get someone at the office if it worries you. 
  • That's very reassuring, thank you. :) I have been comparing my home scale to the doctor's throughout my pregnancy, because I know they can differ. They have always been within a few ounces of each other and I suppose that knowledge fueled my concern a bit.

I honestly hadn't considered water weight though, and that DOES seem like a pretty good explanation. Thank you, again. :) I'll give my doctor another call tomorrow morning, since they are open Saturday and see what she says- just to be safe.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
  • I lost weight between about 28 weeks and 33 weeks. It was because the baby was squishing my stomach, making it really hard for me to eat as much as I was before. My dr. never batted an eye, and now I'm back to gaining about a pound a week. I'm sure you're fine, but if you're still concerned, just see what your dr. says at your next appointment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image proudboxermommy:

That's very reassuring, thank you. :) I have been comparing my home scale to the doctor's throughout my pregnancy, because I know they can differ. They have always been within a few ounces of each other and I suppose that knowledge fueled my concern a bit.

I honestly hadn't considered water weight though, and that DOES seem like a pretty good explanation. Thank you, again. :) I'll give my doctor another call tomorrow morning, since they are open Saturday and see what she says- just to be safe.

I hope you get reassurance tomorrow :)  You're lucky to have a doctor that is open on a Saturday.  I would feel better checking too, since the scales typically run close to each other, but you are definitely in the time period of pregnancy that has sometimes unpredictable weight loss/gain.  Hope you can relax until tomorrow.  

• I have the same problem and I am now 38 weeks prego. My midwife said that as long as you know you are eating good, getting enough protein, and taking your prenatal vitamins then you have nothing to worry about as long as everytime you go to your appointment they measure your belly to see how much it has increased. Even though there were weeks where i lost week and weeks where i gained no weight, each time they measure belly the baby was always right on track or ahead of the game. Therefore if you know you are doing all of the above and baby is getting bigger you got nothing to worry about. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker