1st Trimester

Could it be multiples?

I'm a first time MTB and I am a little concerned in that I'm by my calculations and the doctors office I'm going to be 10wks at the first u/s and now I'm at 6wks and I can't get enough to eat. I'm constantly hungry. I was really nauseated this morning ( don't think it's morning sickness I had a sinus thing) and I checked my weight and I had lost 7lbs overnight. Is this normal?

Re: Could it be multiples?

• Normal pregnancy symptoms :)

Not a sign of multiples as far as I know... Happy & Healthy 9 months! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• I'm trying to figure out how the possibility of multiples fits into what you're asking..

• Loading the player...
  • You lost 7 lbs. overnight?  I'd call the Dr. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Normal. I lost 20lbs in my 1st trimester with DD because I had no appetite and was so nauseous. Generally, there is no reason for an early ultrasound. I have been really nauseous this pregnancy so the Dr sent me for an u/s to make sure there was only 1. I was 8 weeks and there wasn't much to see. An u/s at 10 weeks will show more.

Why do you think it is multiples?

• whoops - I just re-read and saw that you lost 7lbs overnight. My DH loses 5 if he misses breakfast! It could be from not eating enough, plus the increase in metabolism etc. But I would call Dr. It is normal to fluctuations in weight from day to day (even hour to hour) even when you aren't pregnant.

Ditto a previous poster - where does multiples fit into your post?

• I just wondered if it were possible that it might be multiples due to how much I was eatting and I'm a larger girl and I've never lost weight like this in my life. It just had me kinda wondering what was going on.
  • Nothing in your post would lead me to believe you are carrying multiples...and nothing in your post would lead me to believe you are NOT carrying multiples.  You do sound pregnant though.
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• Um, if you lost 7 pounds overnight, you might need to call a dr. But nothing you said would mean you have more than one in there.

DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}
  • your metabolism increases when pg. I am larger too, and I still lost weight in first trimester because I could barely eat and I had nausea.
  • imagegeorgi611:
    You lost 7 lbs. overnight?  I'd call the Dr. 

This. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Normal.  With my singleton pregnancies I couldn't get enough to eat.

There actually are two in there now and I'm not all that hungry.

There's really no way to know until your u/s, but if you have a feeling it's always possible.  Try not to drive yourself nuts over it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • I'm 36 weeks with twins....found out at first u/s which was about 7.5 weeks.  I really didn't have any bizarre symptoms early on....so I'd say just hang tight and your first u/s will confirm whatcha got cookin'.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"