Stay at Home Moms
Options

When do you do snacks/drinks throughout the day?

I am getting sick of packing snacks and sippy cups every time we leave the house!!  I feel like I have to have something to eat for them just in case and also have their sippy cups with water.  Even if we're just going to run errands for an hour or two. Most of the time, though, they don't need them anymore.

I have friends who have stopped sippys recently and although DS still needs one to drink out of, I am wondering if I should stop having one with me every time we leave the house.  (If it was hot out or something I would make sure to have a drink though.)

Do you always bring a drink or snack when you leave the house?

When/How often do your LOs get snacks each day?

If you are just at home, do they always have a drink out?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When do you do snacks/drinks throughout the day?

• Options

I don't pack stuff like that- its always just in the car.

In my car I leave pouches of freeze dried fruit and granola bars and juice boxes. I have a straw cup in the car and water bottles for DS.

2 snacks a day- 10am and 2pm.

Pretty much my kids eat every 2hrs. 8am breakfast, 10am snack, lunch at noon, snack at 2 and dinner at 5pm and dessert/snack before bed.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

I don't pack stuff like that- its always just in the car.

In my car I leave pouches of freeze dried fruit and granola bars and juice boxes. I have a straw cup in the car and water bottles for DS.

2 snacks a day- 10am and 2pm.

Pretty much my kids eat every 2hrs. 8am breakfast, 10am snack, lunch at noon, snack at 2 and dinner at 5pm and dessert/snack before bed.

This exactly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same as PP.  Snack a while after breakfast and then something after she naps (she usually naps shortly after lunch)  So probably 10am and 3pm.

At home, we drink from cups.  On the go, we still use sippys.  Sometimes, if she'll be drinking something while watching a movie or playing, I use a cup with a lid and straw.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't bring cups out anymore- even for Rowan unless it's a time that she gets milk.  Here is our eating schedule:

7:30 a.m. breakfast (plus a cup of milk for R and OJ for Parker)
    10-11 a.m. snack
    12 p.m. lunch
    2:30-3 p.m. snack (snack + milk for R most days)
    5:30-6 p.m. dinner
    7 p.m. They each get a glass of milk before bed
    7:45 p.m. bedtime 

• Options

The only time I take drinks/snacks when I leave the house is if we are going to be gone more than 3 hours- pool, zoo, museum, etc. Or the park/playground if it's really hot and we're planning on being there a while. I don't use sippy cups anymore at all except at home for milk. If I take drinks out of the house it's water in water bottles. My kids all have their own water bottle.

Snacks usually at 10am and then 3pm. They can have water whenever they want. Milk is usually just with meals and snacks. 

• Options

I usually make sure I have a snack and drink for both kids when we are out. I can probably skip the drinks this winter (this summer was really bad) though.

I am so dreading having to add bottles to the mix in a few weeks...

• Options

We have a similar snack time as pps...I don't bring a sippy unless we'll be gone 3 hours or more. It's a battle to get DD to drink anything. (Which I really don't push too much since she is healthy and has plenty of wet diapers)

I try to keep snacks in the car for those times that she seems to need something...gerber snacks, granola bars, etc. I also try to keep water bottles in the trunk and she can sip from them if we're out longer than expected.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"