Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often do you use Gripe Water?

LO has been really fussy/gassy for the past few days so last night I went and got some Gripe Water to hopefully help with her tummy troubles.  It really seemed to help.  She seems to have less gas and she slept really good last night.  I gave her some more this morning and she has been so happy all day so far--no fussing or gas.  I'm just wondering how much everyone else is using the Gripe Water?  Do you only use it when LO seems to be having tummy troubles, or do you use it as a preventative measure?  I'm thinking of giving it to her three times a day--in the morning, after afternoon nap, and at bedtime.  Does that seem ok or too much?  I really like the thought of using the water more than gas drops because it is more natural, and it actually seemed to work better.  I was giving her gas drops after every feeding because she was so gassy, which I really didn't want to do, but I also don't want her to be in pain.   

One other question, how do you give it to LO?  I mixed it with an ounce of warm water because it just seemed like too much to give her straight from the dropper, but I wasn't sure if water is ok to give at this stage.  It says on the box though that you can mix it with water or juice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How often do you use Gripe Water?

• I only give Gripe water when DD gets the hiccups really bad - she gets hiccups daily but sometimes they are worse than others and if she seems really upset by them I give her Gripe Water.  I dont give her water ever so I just give her the gripe water by dropper directly into her mouth.  She seems to like it.  I would ask my Pedi before giving my DD water, especially a lot of water like an oz.  I use gas drops with DD if shes really gassy - not gripe water.  HTH
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • we use it when LO is still crazy fussy and we've checked all options off the list so it must be gas. It's usually at night before bedtime. I have done it through out the day however, i just dont excede the suggested amount on the box.

i just give it to her from the dropper and she seems to like it actually. Id also check with pedi about giving water to LO 

~Welcome to the world, Presley Ann!! *8/16/11* 8 days late!
  • Loading the player...
  • We just bought this yesterday afternoon when my husband couldnt take her being miserable anymore.  We googled how often to give it to her and it said no more than every 4hrs.  We gave it to yesterday afternoon and it worked almost immediately.  We gave it before bed, then once this morning.  We'll probably do what you said (3x a day).

We give it from a dropper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We only give our dd gripe water when she has really bad hiccups and we give it to her straight from the oral syringe.
    BabyFruit Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• We just started using it, so I can't really say how often b/c she just got her first dose today.  But the kind I got says not to exceed 6 doses/day, so as long as it's not more than that I guess it's ok. 

I tried giving it to her in the dropper, but she made a big mess.  Next time I tried using an empty bottle nipple and that worked much better.  I didn't mix it with anything, just measured with the dropper and squirted it into a nipple and let DD suck it out.  Much better.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used Colic Calm gripe water for colic, and I would give it to my daughter before her "witching hour". It would calm her, and she would sleep instead of scream. LOL!

If you don't like giving it from the dropper, they sell a pacifier which you can fill, and then as the baby sucks it, they get the liquid. Check it out here:

https://www.coliccalm.com/numimed-overview.html

With Colic Calm, you could also mix the solution with breast milk and formula.

• We just started using the Mommy's Bliss brand Gripe Water the other day. LO was really gassy, more than usual, and nothing was working to get him to feel better. So we figured it was his stomach that was bothering him. We went out late the other night and bought some and it worked almost instantly. I also gave him some this morning and before bed tonight. I plan on only giving it to him when he seems to be uncomfortable. The way that we have been giving it to LO is putting the recommended dose in a 2oz bottle, we dont mix it with anything just the Gripe Water by itself. LO has been taking it fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"