Trouble TTC
Options

Clomid & spotting after sex + Intro.

Hi ladies!

I've been lurking here for, oh, probably the last 5 or 6 months. It feels weird to just now be "coming out" and asking questions. I have a quick Clomid question, but I'll give you a brief background after (because it's kind of long, so feel free to just read the question and skip the rest if that's not your thing!)

Question:

My period ended on CD3 like usual. CD4 was my 2nd pill on my first Clomid round and DH and I had sex. Afertwards, I stared spotting/light flow that was bright red - like blood that you'd see if you cut yourself, not period blood. I double checked and it was definitely internal. Anyone else experience this or know if it's a normal side effect? I plan on calling my RE in the morning, but thought I'd ask your opinions.

OK, background/intro...  

We started "not preventing" right after our wedding in October 2008. I was, of course, sure we'd have no problem getting pregnant because I'm healthy and take care of myself ('cause that's how it works, right? Riiiight.) We weren't in a hurry to get pregnant, but it would be a happy surprise if it worked out.

Fast forward to summer of 2010 and we both started getting baby fever BAD. Especially after a couple of longer cycles in which I was SURE that we had success. Once we realized how crushed we both were with the BFN's is when we really started trying.  

So, Aug/Sept 2010 I started lurking TTGP and bought TCOYF, a BBT, OPK's and signed up for fertility friend. October 2010 was our first month pulling out all the stops - BBT, OPK's, monitoring CM & CP, preseed, etc. 

We got pregnant in January on a cycle where I was sure we were out, but it ended up being an ectopic and I lost my right tube in surgery (all the dates/stats are in my sig.) We were instructed to take a cycle off before trying again. My ob/gyn did an HSG on my left tube and it looked clear & healthy, so she was confident we'd quickly get pregnant again. We didn't, and she wanted us to try "her way" of not temping and just doing OPK's for 4 more months. Sooo, I got in with an RE in September. Love her.

My HSG, blood work and u/s all look good. DH's sperm count was "good." 297 million, 80% motility, but 0% morph. She wasn't as concerned with it because the count & motility were good and she said that their lab grades morph very strict. Also, he was able to get me pregnant once, so, she wasn't too worried about it.

Dx is that I don't ovulate from my left ovary. Ever. I got pregnant on my right side and lost that tube, so that explains the issue with not get pregnant since. We started 50mg Clomid CD 3-7 + Ovidrel. Today's day 3 of clomid and, so far, not bad. Hot flashes, mild headaches and emotional are what I'm dealing with. I'll take it. 

Thanks for all that you ladies post here - I've learned so much in the past several months of lurking! Hoping I can give back more than I take.  

{10.04.08}

BFP on 2.2.11

Re: Clomid & spotting after sex + Intro.

• Options
    Since your period ended on cd3 and the bleeding occured on cd4 I'd say it's safe to say it's just some period blood.  Yes, you normally stop on cd3.  But sometimes weird things happen.  I'd have a period or two where I was sure I was "done" only to have sex the next day and spot a little.  If it happens again say four or five days after af has stopped then I'd start to worry or wonder.  But the day after? No biggie.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

imagekatib77:
    Since your period ended on cd3 and the bleeding occured on cd4 I'd say it's safe to say it's just some period blood.  Yes, you normally stop on cd3.  But sometimes weird things happen.  I'd have a period or two where I was sure I was "done" only to have sex the next day and spot a little.  If it happens again say four or five days after af has stopped then I'd start to worry or wonder.  But the day after? No biggie.

Thanks! I'm sure it's nothing, but it's so easy to let my mind race with "what if something's wrong" stuff, especially just having started Clomid. Appreciate the feedback! 

{10.04.08}

BFP on 2.2.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it also possible that the 1st clomid pill dried up your cm a lot too?  Has anyone experienced that leading to a little blood?  I haven't yet started clomid, but from what I've read here, people have said it dries up their cm... so if you're confident is was "internal," maybe that's the cause? 
    Dx: LPD, late ovulation;
     July 2012:IUI #6 on 7/28, BFP on 8/9,beta 97, 8/11 189, 8/13 400!!   DS born 4/18!
    9/30/13 - Miracle BFP, released from RE 10/21, EDD 6/6/14, DD born 5/27!
    6/19/16 - Miracle BFP, EDD 2/25/17

• Options

imaged3esika:
    Is it also possible that the 1st clomid pill dried up your cm a lot too?  Has anyone experienced that leading to a little blood?  I haven't yet started clomid, but from what I've read here, people have said it dries up their cm... so if you're confident is was "internal," maybe that's the cause? 

Yes, clomid can dry up your CM but I've never heard of anyone being so dry down there that the friction from sex caused bleeding!!  I imagine the sex would be so painful you'd stop!  Never heard of a single lady here complaining about that.  While your fertile CM can be non existent, you don't turn into an arid desert!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    imagekatib77:

imaged3esika:

Yes, clomid can dry up your CM but I've never heard of anyone being so dry down there that the friction from sex caused bleeding!!  I imagine the sex would be so painful you'd stop!  Never heard of a single lady here complaining about that.  While your fertile CM can be non existent, you don't turn into an arid desert!

While I've heard that it is a common side effect, I wouldn't imagine that it would happen as soon as day 2 on first round of clomid. CM was consistent with what I usually have early in my cycle.

I spotted up until yesterday, but it continued to get lighter and is pretty much non-existent today. It's looking like it was just a side affect to the medication.

Thanks for the input! :) 

{10.04.08}

BFP on 2.2.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"