3rd Trimester

So tired of people...

Assuming I'm only 6 months pregnant. At this point in time, It is freaking me out a little bit. I proceed to tell them I'm 8 and a half months pregnant and they say "oh wow, you don't look that pregnant". Well thanks for the insult? Or was it a compliment? I'm almost 6 feet tall and weighed about 180-185 pre baby. I've always been very phsycially involved in my jobs / sports...I'm a "tough" chick I guess you could say

Why do people feel the need to comment on your baby bump size? My baby is growing perfectly fine in there! So bugger off!

Blake in BW 6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1RememberingMiloJuly1st2012

Re: So tired of people...

• Everyone either says I'm "about to pop" or "you're so tiny" ...... it's frusterating that people can't just say something generic like, "looking good" or "baby sure is growing" instead of trying to pass a judgment.

I think I'm touchy though.  The first thing my MIL asked when she arrived the other day was about the amount of weight I have gained, ugh.

5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• I have gained about 28 pounds so far and I am 30 weeks prego!  It seems like every other pregnant lady that's as far along as I am or that I've seen at my stage in pregnancy are/were smaller than me.  It's more than enough to make one self-conscious when people ask "When are you due?"  I usually just laugh and say "I know it looks like TODAY....but not until December!" :)  Try not to be discouraged.  I'm right there with you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagearcook0307:
    I have gained about 28 pounds so far and I am 30 weeks prego!  It seems like every other pregnant lady that's as far along as I am or that I've seen at my stage in pregnancy are/were smaller than me.  It's more than enough to make one self-conscious when people ask "When are you due?"  I usually just laugh and say "I know it looks like TODAY....but not until December!" :)  Try not to be discouraged.  I'm right there with you!

I was the same as you I am now 40 weeks and have gained 40 pounds... a pound a week haha. I get the comments all the time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HOw are you calculating 8 and a half months with seven weeks to go? Pregnancy is 40 weeks, your ticker indicates you are 33. "Eight and a half months" would mean you had approximately 2 weeks left, according to your ticker you have 7 weeks left.  That's closer to 2 months than half a month.

The people estimating 6 months are off, but not as far off as you are. 

•  Because pregnant is 9 full months long. Therefore they actually calculate it to be 10 Months! I have 7 weeks left, which is almost 1 and a half months before my 10 months is up! Thats how
  • imageMommaErica:

HOw are you calculating 8 and a half months with seven weeks to go? Pregnancy is 40 weeks, your ticker indicates you are 33. "Eight and a half months" would mean you had approximately 2 weeks left, according to your ticker you have 7 weeks left.  That's closer to 2 months than half a month.

I am thinking if we're pregnant for an average of 40 weeks, that = about 10 months.  So she's about 8 1/2 months pregnant with about 2 1/2 months to go.    Technically we aren't pregnant the entire time since the first few weeks before conception are just lumped into the whole time so IMHO she's right to say she's 8 1/2 months pregnant.  Check your math and see how many months 33 weeks comes up to. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32....that's 8 months plus one more week makes her almost 8 1/2 months.....make sense?

BabyFruit Ticker
  •    Honestly that is not the important part of this post.... but I would definitely say that 46 days is about one and a half months...and pregnancy is definitely a full 9 months. 40 weeks = 10 months of time ...52 weeks in a year

But that was besides the point of the post... srry people 

• imagearcook0307:
    imageMommaErica:

HOw are you calculating 8 and a half months with seven weeks to go? Pregnancy is 40 weeks, your ticker indicates you are 33. "Eight and a half months" would mean you had approximately 2 weeks left, according to your ticker you have 7 weeks left.  That's closer to 2 months than half a month.

I am thinking if we're pregnant for an average of 40 weeks, that = about 10 months.  So she's about 8 1/2 months pregnant with about 2 1/2 months to go.    Technically we aren't pregnant the entire time since the first few weeks before conception are just lumped into the whole time so IMHO she's right to say she's 8 1/2 months pregnant.  Check your math and see how many months 33 weeks comes up to. 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32....that's 8 months plus one more week makes her almost 8 1/2 months.....make sense?

Definitely does. Thanks for the back up. hope others see the point to this post :)  

• It happened to me (the "you're so small" comments) until about 37 weeks. Now I'm getting the "OMG you're huge!" . Different people carry pregnancy weight differently. I think people are just trying to acknowledge your state & have something to talk about. Yes, it can get annoying, but as long as you & your doctor are fine with the progress its all good. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to repost this link here, I think it would help with any confusion.

Pregnancy Length

• imagecrystalbaby:
    I know that you've said that the length of time is not the point of your post, but it seems like it would help you to be less aggravated with people's comments if you didn't say that you were further along than what you actually are. The average month has 4.3 weeks (not 4) in it and you're 33 weeks along. Divide 33 by 4.3 gives you 7.7 --> not quite 8 months.

This is a little bit ridiculous. I think it's fair for people to assume a month is about 4 weeks. Is it supposed to be common knowledge that an average month is 4.3 weeks?  She wasn't trying to mislead and say she was further along than she really is and that was not at all the point of her post.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • wow, so obviously we are hormonal women if we are going off about length of pregnancy... does it really matter? I mean that's not what this post is about anyway. 

I kept getting comments about how it's "all belly"... but the other day my boss said well at least you got the weight in all the right places! .... Um, excuse me? What would THOSE places be? lol... typical guy i guess.  I was very small to begin with and in the past month my stomach BLEW UP!  So at least it doesn't look like im just hitting the drive thru too much anymore... But now I have only 10weeks to go and I haven't gained a single pound in the past 3.  Hmmm, not really sure what to think anymore.  

image  image  image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally agree! Ive gained 4 lbs and all people keep asking me is 'do you know what your having?" and im like "yeah im 8 months pregnant" and they are always so surprised.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I either get that I look totally huge, or that I look so tiny.  I think people feel like they just need something to say when they see a pregnant woman walking by.  I wish they would just keep their thoughts to themselves!  Just smile and nod :)
  • I decided yesterday I just have to ignore it!  People are freakin idiots!!! I'm opposite.  I'm only 5ft tall and have a short torso, so the baby has no where to go.  I'm popped out like a watermelon.  Yesterday I went to the mall to try and walk this baby out and some lady comments, "wow, are you having twins?"  No, B&!%@, and isn't that a little innapropriate considering that there is nothing nice about that comment.  Yeah, I'm huge and miserable!  Don't make me feel any worse than I already do!  It's been like that my whole pregnancy.  Uuuuggghhh, I just cant wait to not be pregnant anymore.  Keep your spirits high and ignore the idiots : )
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I wish people said that to me... I always get "any day now, huh?"  to which I have to reply, "no.  almost three more months."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • some time people want to be nice and is better if they don't say anything at all, I have people telling me, you look so small for be 38 weeks or you haven't go yet?, I don't know if they trying to make me feel good or what, I just feel like I want to cry, this is # 3 for me and I do look bigger then my other pregnancy and my babys are always been big 9.2 and 9.6 lbs, once at work some custumer toll me, you're ready ah! and I say Im only 6 months, I think I want to wait a little longer, and he didn't kow what to say and the only thing he came out of he was "what do I know, I only make the dam things" so rude and out of place.

So I know what you meen and we all go true that!

Jessy
  • My pet peeve is, "How are you FEELING???"  You didn't ask me how I was feeling before I got pregnant - quit asking me now.  And everyone - friends, family and strangers can't quite decide how far along I am, so I'm either tiny for my month or huge for it (just hit the 7 month mark).

Maybe if we all just start telling people how we're really doing - "Got a little more discharge today" or "Boy, my boobs sure hurt" or even, "Who knew colostrum would leak out THIS early?" that would stop the comments...

I'm having a wonderful pregnancy.  Leave me alone so I can enjoy it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"