Trouble TTC

Had to stop BC pills while in France!

So, we are heading back to the states from Paris (writing this from CDG airport!) and I am thinking we will have to wait until November's cycle now to start IVF now. I had to stop taking the birth control pills because they were making me so nauseated, so of course I started while on vacation. That was fun. So, I will have to wait & talk to my RE to see what the plan is now. I feel stupid for stopping them, but I had to pick between feeling sick on vacation or AF joining us. :/ Has anybody else had this problem with the birth control pills causing nausea? 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had to stop BC pills while in France!

• I haven't personally had an issue with nausea while on BCPs, but I have definitely heard of other people having that problem. 

I'm so jealous of you going to France!!  Was it amazing??

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It was awesome! But I am so ready to be home in my own bed! lol. We stayed in a small town called Uzes, in Southern France. Its frustrating, though, that this will set us back another cycle before we start IVF. But it was nice to get away & not think about IF for a week. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When I first started taking BCP, when trying to prevent, it caused me to have an upset stomach (almost like a nervous stomach). It lasted about the first two weeks of the pill and then subsided. I talked with my doctor after the first week and she said it was just my body adjusting to the hormones and that it would go away. It did, but she gave me Prevacid to help settle my stomach because it was stopping me from eating. Good luck!
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • It is so crazy that you made this post!!  Small world.  I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to take BCPs while DH and I are in France in November/December.  If I don't, I might not make the deadline for a Dec/Jan IVF cycle.  (It will all depend on the length of my cycles -- if I get all 28 day cycles, I'll make it, but if they're longer, I won't.)

But if I take BCPs while vacationing, I know I will be experiencing the same nausea you did.

FWIW, BCPs always made me nauseous.  It took me a looong time to find one that didn't (and didn't cause breakthrough bleeding), and even then, if I missed a pill (and had to take 2), I would puke my poor little guts out.

Anyway, it's totally normal, but sorry you had to experience it!

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"