Infertility

Femara didn't work... =(

I had an ultrasound this week and found out that the femara had no effect on my ovaries... I was so shocked.  I guess I really felt like we would actually get to start trying this month.   I have PCOS and do not have a period or ovulate at all.  The next step is the injection, but I know that is a little on the expensive side and we just can't afford it right now.  I'm so sad...
?Dana B.

Re: Femara didn't work... =(

• I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work.  I hope you're able to make a good plan going forward.
    TTC since 2/09
    Dx: DOR, Right UU, fibroid (removed)
    IUI #1-4: bfn; IVF #1 September 2011=bffn
    my read shelf:
    Lianne's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am not familiar with Femara but I am familiar with be shocked and sad when something doesn't work. I am really sorry you are feeling down and I pray you will find something that is managable and works for you. Being sad sucks! and all we can do is try to keep busy to distract a bit and hope it passes quickly.
    M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
    TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
    6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
    IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
    IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
    12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Was this your first round of Femara?  If so, what was your dosage?  I was a PCOS non-responder too and didn't respond well to Clomid or my first attempt at Femara.  Increasing the dosage for Femara resulted in my first-ever "O on time" so don't give up hope!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your doctor will probably suggest trying a higher dose of Femara, and/or you could ask about doing Femara with some injections.  You could pay $20-60 per vial for the shots, and you'd likely start on one vial a day for 2-5 days.  So it doesn't have to be terribly expensive.

My RE recommends ivfmeds.com, which is in the UK, and that's where you can get vials for $18.75.

hth! 

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• I am so sorry to hear that hun! I am you. (for lack of a better way to describe it) I only had my period every 6 months and i have PCOS. I tried for a long time to get my period normal. and i tried injections and clomid and all that. I stopped trying and started using progesterone cream because i was trying to use holistic methods. AND BOOM out of no where i now have regular period cycles!!! :) So Keep your head up maybe go to a vitamin store and get progesterone cream.... it works. I still use it to this day! Good Luck!
    Nothing Lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, and never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted!
    Married June 21st, 2008
    TTC since June 2008
    Me:24 DH:25

Tried Naturally until January 2010
    First RE Jan 2010 Tests

DX: misdiagnosed w/PCOS now just unexplained DH: Perfect!

Feb 2010 Naturally
    March 2010-June 2010 Clomid Cycles BFFN!
    July 2010 Naturally BFFN!
    August 2010 Naturally BFFN!
    September 2010 Clomid & Menopure cyclew/timed intercourse BFFN!
    October 2010 Menopure Cycle w/timed intercourse BFFN!
    November 2010 Menopure Cycle w/timed intercourse BFFN!
    December Menopure Cycle w/timed intercourse BFFN!
    January 2011 Break
    February 2011 Alternative Medicine
    March 2011 Break
    April 2011 AF for the first time with NO MEDICINE!
    May 2011-October 2011 Naturally with our new found AF! BFFN!
    November 11th, 2011 Appt to set up a new plan!!!! :)
    November 2011 monitored Clomid BFFN!
    December 2011 DH wanted to try another round of monitored Clomid... Ended up with a cyst. which made it to where its now a natural cycle...
    December 2011 cont. Natural.. (maybe luck will be on our side) BFFN!
    January 2012 monitored Clomid BFFN!
    February 2012 monitored Clomid (lost 32lbs in 10 days) no ovulation
    March 2012 Monitored Clomid w/IUI BFFN!
    April 2012 Monitored Clomid w/IUI (& Sobar La Matriz) BFFN!
    May 2012 clomid & Menopure w/IUI BFFN!
    June 2012 Natural (went camping couldnt go to appointment)BFFN!
    July 2012 Natural (no money) BFFN!
    August 2012 Natural and Holistic methods.. BFFN!
    September 2012-November 2012 natural BFFN!
    December 2012 natural BFFN!
    Januray 2013 not sure what we are doing anymore! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"