Food Allergy

Squash and pumpkin question

I made pumpkin soup for dinner. I just checked my sons allergy list, and Squash is on the list to avoid for one year. I just called the Dr. waiting to hear back. Do you think pumpkin is ok?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Squash and pumpkin question

• I don't have much experience with allergies (DS is new to them), but I would assume it's not ok since pumpkin is a type of squash.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I actually didn't know that you shouldn't offer pumpkin to a child until one. So i'm curious what others say. 

how old is your LO?

• Loading the player...
  • He skipped soup last night and loved his red beans and rice.

I have 19 month old twin boys. Only one of them have allergies (Carson) and Oliver is dairy free. He's never been officially diagnosed like carson, but after removing dairy he's a better eater.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewatermelonmargarita:

He skipped soup last night and loved his red beans and rice.

I have 19 month old twin boys. Only one of them have allergies (Carson) and Oliver is dairy free. He's never been officially diagnosed like carson, but after removing dairy he's a better eater.

i misread your OP and though he was under 1.   Did the allergist tell you not to introduce squash?  i feel like it's harmless but there must be a reasoning for your allergist to not want you to introduce it.

• I'm curious too- squash is pretty far down on the common allergen list and should be a pretty safe food.  I was actually hoping to do squash next but now I'm re-thinking it....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"