1st Trimester

Negative test but feeling symptoms

Hi -

I think I may be going nuts... I've been pregnant twice already (first pregnancy is 18 months old, second pregnancy was a miscarriage). I am around 9 or 10 dpo right now and took a pregnancy test this morning, which was negative. However, I feel exactly how I did the other two times I was pregnant - including a very sore chest. I'm nuts, right... because if I had enough hcg to give me symptoms I'd get a positive test, right?

Re: Negative test but feeling symptoms

• I didn't get a positive test until I was 7 weeks along in my pregnancy. Could be the weather but usually a woman knows her body better than the pee stick does. I would wait a week and re-test!
    HulsBaby BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I got 10 negative tests before the positive. I was using the cheap tests, so maybe they were defective. I kept taking tests, though, because something felt different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • are you sure of when you ovulated (do you chart)

i would wait a few days and then test again....it does take 7-10 days for the egg to implant and it can take a day or 2 to produce enough hcg to get a BFP

• Glad to see I am not alone on this!

I took 4 tests so far... all negative! I had some symptoms and have felt different... I have been really sensitive to smells, my breasts have been sore, slight sickness and hungry ALL THE TIME. 

I have been only trying a month... so I don't think I have myself psyched up TOO much that it delayed my period that much. I am currently on Day 35 since my last period... I wonder if it is possible the hgh just hasn't shown up in my tests yet?

All this tests are getting expensive! Does anyone know how long it would to get the results back from a blood test from the doctor? 

• imageKristyVi:

Glad to see I am not alone on this!

I took 4 tests so far... all negative! I had some symptoms and have felt different... I have been really sensitive to smells, my breasts have been sore, slight sickness and hungry ALL THE TIME. 

I have been only trying a month... so I don't think I have myself psyched up TOO much that it delayed my period that much. I am currently on Day 35 since my last period... I wonder if it is possible the hgh just hasn't shown up in my tests yet?

All this tests are getting expensive! Does anyone know how long it would to get the results back from a blood test from the doctor? 

First off, a blood test will be way more expensive than a pee test. You can also order bulk tests from Amazon. I think I got 50 for like 9$. 

• I would wait until you are due for your period. Some tests are more sensitive than others.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • I just went through the same thing!  I was just sure I was pregnant!  My LMP was 9/5/11, I felt signs of ovulation on 9/23/11 and took a test on 9/30/11.  I was negative and I was really disappointed, so I told myself I wasn't going to take another until I was truly late.  Yesterday I was 3 days late, so I took another and tried not to get my hopes up, but it was POSITIVE!  In my experience, you can definitely feel signs of pregnancy before you have enough hcg to test positive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome to TTC.  Smile If you end up "late", take another test.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did order some of the bulk tests this morning... thanks for the tip! 

And it is free in Canada for bloodtests. Not that money is a major concern with it all... My husband is just thinking that it is a little bit wasteful if I am going to be spending $50+ a month on HPT. lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"