Baby Names

What's the weirdest name you've ever heard?

Just out of curiosity, what is the weirdest names you ladies have ever heard of (on a real person)?  The strangest one I can think of is a girl I knew named Comfort.  Ready... Go!
BFP: 9/20 Blighted Ovum DX: 10/21 @ 9 weeks. Waiting for m/c.

Re: What's the weirdest name you've ever heard?

• Prudence ......on a boy

It's a boy! 05/03/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Smoothness. (m)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A boy named Capability.

A boy named Anchor.

A boy named Django.

Capability was the name of an 18th century English architect (ETA: although I just looked it up and it was a nickname) and Django was the name of a jazz musician.  I don't know if they were inspiration to the parents.

• I've got nothing. I just scanned through my facebook friends and the worst I have is M'leigh, which I suppose is a creative spin on Emily. 
  • imageHannahO28:
    I've got nothing. I just scanned through my facebook friends and the worst I have is M'leigh, which I suppose is a creative spin on Emily. 

Ick! I thought that was Miley or Maylee.

It's a boy! 05/03/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I know a person who named their daughter Unique.  She better live up to that name.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Skye (last name was the Color that begins with B).

Turquiose

Princess/Prince

Denim (M) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Xakery (Zachary) and Jessemy. 
  • Jakobi on a girl... 
  • I know a little girl names Kwality.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ikea. At least, I assume it was spelled like that, but it was probably some awesome youneek spelling my rational brain could never come up with.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Fukeagan. I didn't know him, but I saw his birth announcement
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • La-a  (Ladasha)-- my sister is a nurse and this was a baby born in the hospital.
  • My fathers boss's name was Female, but pronounced Fa-molly. Yup..
    photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg
  • Psalms - Female

Mbongo - Really hot guy from Camaroon, pronounced like Bongo with a silent m.

Reef - male, has sisters named Windy and Tiffany (Taffy was too out there) 

Chrome Cox -  baby from my birthing class 

<Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers>
  • imagemelissabride2be:
    La-a  (Ladasha)-- my sister is a nurse and this was a baby born in the hospital.

A little girl that is in the same play group we are is named La-a! This was going to be my weirdest name lol 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemamainseptember:

imagemelissabride2be:
    La-a  (Ladasha)-- my sister is a nurse and this was a baby born in the hospital.

A little girl that is in the same play group we are is named La-a! This was going to be my weirdest name lol 

Wow.

We went a whole week without this one. You guys might want to check out Snopes.com 

• Buckley & Pilot. Both girls.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Shithead with the -th pronounced like in the......some people....
  • La#a pronounced Lapounda, omg. Stick out tongue

The two that come to mind were both students at the university where I used to work.

1. Undra - which wouldn't be horrible, except it was a dude and his last name was Ware (seriously, I kept hoping maybe it was a woman who married into a really unfortunate last name) 

2. Oohlala 

• I knew someone who's last name was a girls name + lee, so they broke their last name into 2 names (girl's name Lee) and that is what they named their daughter.  I don't want to post the actual name on here, but as an example let's say the last name was Cindylee, so they named the girl Cindy Lee Cindylee.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I think Symphony, that I heard as a patient the other day takes the cake for me.  I think there have been a few that I've run across that are what I'd consider "made up" (though I think different ethnicities seem to have different rules so I try not to judge if that's the case) but they aren't sticking out to me right now.  I guess I'd rather see a possibly made up name than something that is so obviously NOT a name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Agustin. I know it's a saint. but it's truly hideous on a little boy.

I also don't like another name of a baby I know. HIS name is Blakeley which I find so girly. And their last name ends in an -ley too which I find just..a joke. 

• I once helped a customer at work (I worked at a bank) whose name was Horney. At least it had an "e" in it, but I hope he goes by his middle name or else that would make for really awkward introductions. Honestly, what are some people thinking when they name their kids?! I also knew a man whose name was Rashy Hamm. He went by R.H. And I have an uncle named Rochie (pronounced Roachee). I really don't know which one is the weirdest...
  • I know a Tigerre. Her sister has a really weird name but I cant remember it.
  • Girl - Hallelujah, nn LuluSmile

Boy - Amon Ra, which is perfectly acceptable... if you are an Egyptian god!Stick out tongue

• I worked at a place in high school where we would see many odd names.  Here are a few that I will never forget...

Conception

America

Tranquility 

Seeman 

Sparkle Champagne Bell

Robert Roberts

Fonda Dicks

Mike Hunt 

• Semaj, which is James spelled backward. Little girl named for her dad.
    I also knew of an Anderson Wolfe. Not such a strange name, but weird in that he was named after the mom's two favorite news people (Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer). No, she didn't work for CNN.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Tarson and Cutler.  Tarson makes me think of tar pits, and cutler makes me think of knives.  I've wondered if there's some special meaning behind them, but they were strangers' children so I wasn't bold enough to ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For someone I've actually met, the weirdest was Cherish.  I just can't get past it being something that you do, not something you name your child.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • We were just talking about this tonight!

Marijuana Pepsi (saw in a news article)

Duramax - like the engine

Adamandia

Aria-Rhys (girl)

Braunsen (girl)

Darlamelina (girl)

Tuff (Boy)

• Boy (male...at least they got that part right lol)

Le'monjello (male)

She'Erika (female-pronounced exactly as its spelled)

• imageclashure09:
    Just out of curiosity, what is the weirdest names you ladies have ever heard of (on a real person)?  The strangest one I can think of is a girl I knew named Comfort.  Ready... Go!

In Ghana (where I live), virtue names are VERY popular--I know at least 4 Comforts who are grown women.

Also, Justice (m), Wisdom (m), Faithful (m), Gifty (f), Everlove (f)

there are kids in H's class named Duchess and Baroness--sisters.

• Bartlebe ....( Bartle-bee)for a boy. Horrible!
  • Not as bad as most here. But today at work I got an email from an Andreea.
    ~~*Me: 34, No IF Issues DH: 37, MF due to Quadriplegia~~*
    First IVF Cycle 8/22 - ER = 11 Eggs, 10 Mature, 9 Fertilized 9/7 - Beta = BFN
    FET - Two Frozen Blasts -11/10/11. BFN IVF#2 3/17 - Lucky Day! 3day transfer, 2 healthy embryos. 4/2 - Beta #1 949! BFP!! <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • People magazine did a story on the kids of 9-11. One of the boys names was MyeJoi. I assume it was pronounced My-Joy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"