C-sections

Placenta Previa

For those who have placenta previa (and it has NOT moved out of the way) when did your dr give you the final say-so that you'll be doing a c-section for sure, and at how many weeks was your c-section scheduled for?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Placenta Previa

• I am so glad you posted this!  I am wondering the same thing.  I just went at 28 weeks and it hasn't moved yet.  I go back again at 32 weeks but I am thinking its going to be the same.  I don't see how it can just "POOF" move!?  Do you?

Ugghhh...!!!!

• The doctor scheduled mine for 37 weeks so I wouldn't have any contractions and risk bleeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my last ultrasound at 35w5d. C section was scheduled for 39w3d but I ended up having any unplanned one at 36w due to some other complications. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im only 20 weeks and my doctor said its not going to move and i am going to get a section.  She told me 36-37 weeks if nothing goes wrong before that.
  • I am 30 weeks and just had my second ultrasound. I have marginal previa. They are rescanning in another 4 weeks but we don't think it will have moved since it actually got a bit worse in 9 weeks instead of moving up like is the usual case. I asked my OB (since she thinks it probably won't move) and she said we'd schedule the c-section for around 39 weeks. I'm actually due 12/30 and she's going out of the country right at 39 weeks for 1.5 weks - so for us it will probably be late in the 38th week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"