TTC After a Loss

I really dont want to overpost but....

I have another question.

When you all first started trying to conceive after a loss, did your nerves make you late.
This is our first month trying and im 4 days late and Im not sure if it's because im just anxious to know, and Im not one to buy a test to get disappointed. && I hate the waiting game!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Re: I really dont want to overpost but....

• Stress cannot lengthen your LP. 
    Gena dx PCOS 1997 BFP 2/12/10, mmc discovered at 10w6d/d&c 11w3d
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    My Never Updated Chart
    Bonus buddies with Cashewsmommy!
    Join Swagbucks! Earn free Amazon cards!
  • What are you judging you are late from? My cycles after miscarriage were different so I would be patient..a lot of those automated tickers do not work for predicting cycles.

Even after months and months my cycles were never the same twice, just a thought. Just be patient :) If you test, test for piece of mind I guess and take it from there I guess.  

image Hi there, I'm Susan. image

TTC Since 2008. 4 losses: 12w5d, 6w6d, 6w3d, 5w3d

Dx: Bipolar II with Psychosis, PCOS, and Adult ADD. Feel free to PM me about it.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to" Gandalf the Grey, Lord of the Rings

Vincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome

baby

imageimageimage

PAL/PGAL Welcome
  • How do you know you are late? Do you know when you O'd?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Are you charting? How do you know when you O'd?
    Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I've always heard that it could. I had gone to the doctor about a week ago, just knowing i had a UTI and they went ahead and tested me for safety reasons and it was a negative. i feel like the more i wait to start, the less likely it will come. My boobs have been very sore since yesterday, im starting to get real impatient. My Fiance doesnt want to go buy a test & be disappointed, he wants to wait. Oh what to do.

I use a calculater on my phone that predicts when I am supposed to start, and i've been right on the dot since i miscarried. Every month i start around the same time, maybe a day off but never more.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • image kjskala:

I use a calculater on my phone that predicts when I am supposed to start, and i've been right on the dot since i miscarried. Every month i start around the same time, maybe a day off but never more.

These calculators are 99% of the time wrong. I used to O every month at day 13-14. Now It's day 17-20. Sometimes it's day 24. It's never always exactly the same. Some months can be off for various reasons.

I'm not saying you aren't pregnant but there's no way to know if you're late unless you know when you O'd and charting is a great way to do that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image kjskala:

I've always heard that it could. I had gone to the doctor about a week ago, just knowing i had a UTI and they went ahead and tested me for safety reasons and it was a negative. i feel like the more i wait to start, the less likely it will come. My boobs have been very sore since yesterday, im starting to get real impatient. My Fiance doesnt want to go buy a test & be disappointed, he wants to wait. Oh what to do.

Phishing is rude.  Test or don't.  ::shrug::

My Never Updated Chart
  • image BabyTrippin:
    image kjskala:

I've always heard that it could. I had gone to the doctor about a week ago, just knowing i had a UTI and they went ahead and tested me for safety reasons and it was a negative. i feel like the more i wait to start, the less likely it will come. My boobs have been very sore since yesterday, im starting to get real impatient. My Fiance doesnt want to go buy a test & be disappointed, he wants to wait. Oh what to do.

BFP #1

image image

• I believe you have already been given this link in your other post... but please be sure to read every page of this blog: http://ttcalblog.blogspot.com/

It has great information for you, and will help you a lot. I promise.

BFP #1

image image

• None of us want to buy test and be disappointed. Either you're pregnant, or your cycle is off some... that's about all we can tell you.

Buying pregnancy tests is all a part of TTCAL. 

Dx: Bipolar II with Psychosis, PCOS, and Adult ADD. Feel free to PM me about it.

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to" Gandalf the Grey, Lord of the Rings

baby

imageimageimage

PAL/PGAL Welcome
  • image BabyTrippin:

This.  We can't tell you if you're KTFU, so buy a test or don't complain.  It's just the way it is.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 460efee6-c535-4ccc-abc7-27de27c20e60_zpsc5eaf52a.jpg
    BFP 5/27/11 EDD 2/6/12 Addison Lila - dx Tricuspid Atresia, Ventricular Septal Defect and Hypoplastic Right Ventricle - born sleeping 9/29/11 we miss you every single day
    BFP 12/6/11 missed m/c found 1/11/12 natural m/c 1/12/12 we wish you could have stayed
    BFP 5/12/12 EDD 1/21/13 Please be my birthday present, baby boy!
    ***IRL/GP sister to sayruh***
    <3 So excited for my TTCAL bestie mandac003!! Waiting for you on PAL! <3 </font>

<3 <3 "You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through. If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3 <3 </font>

Our Life of Loss and Love
  • image BabyTrippin:
    image kjskala:

I must ask;; what is phishing when referring to something like this.

• http://ttcalblog.blogspot.com/p/for-newbies_22.html

Phishing is basically round-a-boutly asking if we think you are pregnant.  

baby

imageimageimage

PAL/PGAL Welcome
  • image kjskala:

Stress causing 'lateness' is a common misconception. As is the predictability of your O date based on cycle length.

Go to Fertilityfriend.com (FF) and take their free courses to begin to educate yourself about the working of your body. Also, you can never go wrong with reading a copy of Taking Charge Of Your Fertility (TCOYF).

But, the short and dirty of it is... unless your phone app has you entering your basal body temperature (BBT) into the app every morning, you are just using an averager based on the supposition that all women ovulate (O) on cycle day (CD) 14. In truth, that is just a statistical average, meaning very few women O on CD14, but most women O between CD12 and CD16. Some do not. 

The cycle is divided into two phases by ovulation, and controlled by hormone levels. Women have variation of the length of their follicular phase (FP), both within a population AND within an individuals lifetime of cycles. Women have variation in the length of their luteal phase (LP) only as a population. Individuals do not have significant variation in their LP length, plus or minus one day without a luteal phase defect (LPD).

Illness and extreme stress can lengthen the FP, but it is uncommon at best. However, it is the source of the old wives tale that stress delays your period. In truth, it delays only your FP and not your LP.

The tried and accepted method for detecting impending O at home, is the use of ovulation prediction kits (OPK). A positive OPK test indicates that your body will attempt to O in the next 24-48 hours. 

The tried and accepted method for verifying O at home, is the use of BBT trends. O can be verified after 3 days of sustained elevation of BBT, seen as a biphasic pattern when tracked throughout the cycle.

I hope this clarifies things. I can't recommend the use of FF to track and confirm O strongly enough.

AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF 
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Pebbles arrived safe and sound 4/13. Placenta accreta found.
    Op hysteroscopy 2/7, reopen ute/remove adhesions from accreta
    Found severe Ashermans. Fuuuuuuu... Repeat Op Hyst in March.
    Op Hyst ver 3.0 looks good so far, find out if it worked in June.
    Finally got the damn IUD out. Waiting to stop bleeding.
    SIS shows rippled funky shaped ute, but given clearance to begin sFET calendar.
    Here goes everything...
    sFET#2 BFP, ended in m/c.
    Waiting for the next Op Hysteroscopy to find out what next.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • image emeraudecephiro:

http://ttcalblog.blogspot.com/p/for-newbies_22.html

LOL...3rd time (linking) is the charm, huh?

My Never Updated Chart
  • image BabyTrippin:
    image emeraudecephiro:

If at first you don't succeed...Try, try again I say ;) 

baby

imageimageimage

PAL/PGAL Welcome
  • image BabyTrippin:
    image emeraudecephiro:

i've referred back to that thing a million times, the more I read it the mroe I learn. Im still trying out this whole posting thing. And im not really asking anyone if i am pregnant or not, that's not what im here for. Im here to learn off of other's experiences. I can go and read anything and try to figure out if it relates to me or not, but i sometimes have personal questions.

Sorry if i have offended any of you all. Im really sorry.

• image kjskala:
    image BabyTrippin:
    image emeraudecephiro:

i've referred back to that thing a million times, the more I read it the mroe I learn. Im still trying out this whole posting thing. And im not really asking anyone if i am pregnant or not, that's not what im here for. Im here to learn off of other's experiences. I can go and read anything and try to figure out if it relates to me or not, but i sometimes have personal questions.

Sorry if i have offended any of you all. Im really sorry.

I don't think you offended anyone. It's just that none of us can tell you whether or not you are pregnant. Testing or waiting for AF is the only way to know, and we can't make that decision for you. And your FI needs to realize that sometimes it can take a healthy couple a YEAR to conceive even with perfect timing. Even if you got pregnant the first try last time, you both need to realize that you more than likely will face disappointment whether you test or get AF. It sucks, but you're more than likely going to see a few negative tests or a few AFs before you conceive again. I would test if I thought there was a possibility that I was pregnant, but that's me. I also wouldn't care what SO thought about me testing because it's my body and my mental state and I'm a big girl and can pee on whatever I'd like. That's also just my opinion.

BFP#1 06/26/2011, EDD 03/01/2012, mmc8w5d
    BFP#2 12/28/2011, EDD 09/09/2012, mc 4w1d
    BFP#3 06/25/2012, EDD 03/09/2013, Jillian born 03/13/2013!
    BFP #4 01/25/2014, EDD 10/07/2014, mc 4w2d
    BFP #5 06/23/2014, EDD 03/01/2015, IT'S A BOY! I can't wait to meet you, Garrett Scott!