New to The Bump

New here and TTCAL

I miscarried 8 months ago at 12 weeks. It was the most horrible feeling that I have ever felt. It's been a long time coming and alot of restless nights, but we're ready to try and conceive.

Considering my heaven baby was a surprise, im not sure where to start. I've been using an application on my phone (My Days) to calculate when I should ovulate and when we have sex.... But something tells me that this is not the only thing that I should be doing!

Stressfree is a key, I know. But when we want something so bad, we just stress about it. Is there any suggestions to what forums I should join or just suggestions in general with coping with the loss and trying again for another miracle.

<3thankyou!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Re: New here and TTCAL

• If MyDays is an ovulation calendar, you can pretty much pitch it. It assumes you have a perfect 28-day cycle and always ovulate on Day 14. I know a rare person who does that.

Check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility and/or the tutorial on fertilityfriend.com. Those will likely be more helpful.

And don't worry about stress. Stress happens in everyone's lives, yet they still manage to conceive healthy pregnancies. You're bound to experience stress for at least part of your next pregnancy due to your history. And that's OK.

I'd browse the forums you're interested in and settle in where you feel most comfortable. TTCAL is an obvious start, but you're not locked into it and you can check out other boards too.

I'm sorry for your loss. That must have been tough.

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
  • It's not just an ovulation calender. It predicts periods and all of that, I can take notes and pin down everytime we have sex or if i start birth control. You can change the days inbetween your cycles and everything, so im not sure how accurate it might be.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • image kjskala:
    It's not just an ovulation calender. It predicts periods and all of that, I can take notes and pin down everytime we have sex or if i start birth control. You can change the days inbetween your cycles and everything, so im not sure how accurate it might be.

Yeah, I just looked it up. It's an ovulation calendar. It's great for tracking periods and sex, but it doesn't give you any good idea when you ovulate. Check out the resources I mentioned and see if the help. GL

Our little Irish rose came to us on March 5, 2010
    Don't drink the water.
    Disclaimer: I am not an MD. Please don't PM me with pregnancy-related questions. Ask your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards