Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

I just smoked my last cig

So I can't even believe I ever started smoking again after having E.  I vowed that I would quit again before her first birthday and today is the day. I saved one from lastnight so I could have one this morning and now I'm done.  I've done this before and I can do it again.  Goodbye sweet nasty tasting friends.  God I hope the tri boards do something dumb today...

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

Re: I just smoked my last cig

• Options
    Yay Rimjob!!!  Woooooot!!!  Gimme a Q!  Gimme an U!  Gimme a I!  Gimme a T!  Gimme a T!  Gimme an E!  Gimme a R!  What's that spell??  Yay congrats!!  Now don't give in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! You can do it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could always get pregnant again as motivation Stick out tongue  Good luck! 
  • Options
    I wish I could say that I smoked my last one. I picked up the habit again 6 months ago and I've been nursing it since then. Ugh, I do need to quit. I'm going to get a prescription for Chantix from my OB to help me stop.
  • Options

imageCandKmomma:

Good Idea! Umm, no.  I never smoke in my house or car so if I can just stay in my house or car all day for the next few days I should be ok. 

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    Good luck Rim!!
  • Options
    imagerimjob:

imageCandKmomma:

Good Idea! Umm, no.  I never smoke in my house or car so if I can just stay in my house or car all day for the next few days I should be ok. 

THIS is me!  Although we have a nice patio at the new house so it's easier now for me to go out there and smoke but I want to quit so bad.  I quit 2 years ago and was doing good then I started again like 4 months ago.  Sucks.  I feel like crap after I smoke all the time.  Maybe you will be my motivation to quit...

• Options
    Yay rimmy! Good luck! 
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yay! You can do iiiiit!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's so good Rim! Keep it up! If you need support we are all here for you!
  • Options
    Good luck....if you get an urge post about it.  We will be here to support you!
  • Options
    Good for you!  I was a smoker and I know it's tough.  Just stay strong and always have some snacks on hand :)
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm a former smoker...it's tough, but it gets easier!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you start to falter I can send you some of the NYC Quits ads that run around here.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! Taking that first step is always awesome.
  • Options

Good job and good luck!

They were just saying on the news yesterday a professor at UCONN just received a grant to develop and test a new vaccine against nicotine.

• Options
    My last day for smoking is Monday. I also am so disappointed in my self for picking it back up after having A. I started smoking again in July.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!  It's been so hard not to pick it back up but I keep reminding myself that I took my first from my mom and I do not want E to smoke.  I figure if I don't smoke, it's one less way for her to get her hands on them to start.  You can do it!
  • Options
    Congrats on taking the leap -- especially before your goal date.  It's a great thing you're doing for you and for E.
  • Options
    Congrats on deciding to quit! It's not easy (I picked it up again after L was born but have had success cutting back to almost quitting) but you can do it!
  • Options
    Are you going cold turkey rim? If so you are super strong!!! My DH and I used chantix before we got married and it worked amazingly for us. I know it gets a bad rap but we were done in smoking 2 weeks. The only problem we had was if you don't take it with food you get an upset tummy.
  • Options
    You can do it Rim!  I was quitting when I got pregnant, that put the nail in the coffin for me of  course.  I know how hard it is!  I started quitting in January 2010, and was still smoking socially when I got pregnant.  Luckily, when I got pregnant the smell of smoke made me vomit so I didn't even miss it!  I did get drunk once after the girls were born and smoke. I couldn't even do it, and I am glad!   GO YOU!!
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Options
    So proud of you Rimmers! I picked smoking back up a few months ago and I need to quit as well. I have cut back a lot lately but its tough. I don't smoke in the house or car either so once it gets colder outside I know I won't want to go out there to smoke so hopefully that will help me. And my F hates that I smoke and is always encouraging me to quit
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is awesome! You are making a great decision for your family!

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    You'll get there, don't give into the cravings, you can dooo ittt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"