March 2012 Moms
Options

Husband invited in-laws for dinner without telling me

So here they are, taking up my parking space and telling me how to properly decorate my house.  LOVELY way to spend an evening after a LOOOOONG day at work.  Seriously, do men even use their brain cells?  I mean at all?  

Anyone else want to join in my in-law vent?  Please feel free! 

Re: Husband invited in-laws for dinner without telling me

• Options
    I'm constantly told by MIL how to sit, what to eat, that I need to exercise, blah blah blah.  FIL says  I can't cut the grass anymore (push mower).  He is just chauvinist and thinks only men should cut grass.  Sorry, DH hates it, and I love it.  DH likes to cook, which I hate, so YAY for us. Thanks for the post! Felt good! Btw what happened to you is totally something my dh would do too!   
  • Options

Haven't seen mine in awhile so I'm good right now. They have come to terms with the fact that I don't really share much. Not looking forward to the "we will call you after the baby is born and we are ready for visitors" talk though. I know my MIL will want to be there and I'm not for that. My own mother isn't even going to come hang out, her choice and mine.

Also not looking forward to informing my FIL, no, he will not be rubbing my belly because he wants to feel the baby kick. I just smiled and nodded when he told me that when we announced awhile ago. But no. That is what his own wife's pregnancies were for, not mine. I honestly just find that a bit creepy. I don't like to be touched, sorry you won't get to feel your grandchild kick. I'm sure once it is born, you can feel it kick then. Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is super annoying! I can't complain about my MIL but I feel bad for you guys.
  • Options

My dh invites the ILs over sometimes without asking, though he's getting better so I think I got through to him!

My MIL is seriously crazy.  I've vented before, but she believes the U.S. is poisoning us through chemicals that they put into (some, not all) airplanes, and you can tell which ones by looking at the sky to see how long the trail behind the airplane is.  She also believes that illness is a result of past sin, which must mean I am a really really sinful person.  To treat my husband's serious ADHD, she brought him peppermint oil.  And... last year she told me to hang a plastic bag full of water with pennies to get rid of the flies.   

• Options

imagebooks4brooke:
    And... last year she told me to hang a plastic bag full of water with pennies to get rid of the flies.   

Didn't they once do this on Mythbusters or am I imagining things? I just know I've heard of it before.

Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

imagebooks4brooke:
    And... last year she told me to hang a plastic bag full of water with pennies to get rid of the flies.   

Didn't they once do this on Mythbusters or am I imagining things? I just know I've heard of it before.

THEY DID.  We actually watched it after she hung up the bag for us.  But I'm sure that the show only proves some government conspiracy about flies. 

• Options
    My DH wouldn't hear the end of it if he did that!  My current issue with my MIL is that she's acting like a complete ***, and when we saw her a DH's cousin's house warming party, she swooped in, and smothered DS in a hug (while other people are trying to talk to him), and completely ignored me and DH, then proceeded to carry DS into another room.  Wow, thanks for saying hi, or asking us if it was okay.  She drives me crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    My unlaws just show up.  No phone call.  No notice.  They just drive over.  Great.
  • Options
    This is when you say, "oops! I forgot it's girls night out!" and head for a hotel or friend's house for the night! Good luck. I am lucky that my IL's would never do this, if they lived close by.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebooks4brooke:

My dh invites the ILs over sometimes without asking, though he's getting better so I think I got through to him!

My MIL is seriously crazy.  I've vented before, but she believes the U.S. is poisoning us through chemicals that they put into (some, not all) airplanes, and you can tell which ones by looking at the sky to see how long the trail behind the airplane is.  She also believes that illness is a result of past sin, which must mean I am a really really sinful person.  To treat my husband's serious ADHD, she brought him peppermint oil.  And... last year she told me to hang a plastic bag full of water with pennies to get rid of the flies.   

BAHAHHaahhahaha!! Your MIL is BSC!!! That's awesome. (Not really, but I have this funny scenario in my head of her lecturing you!)

My IL's are, for the most part, pretty cool. (Hippies.) Except now that this Listeria business is in the news so big. MIL loves to follows news stories, and this last weekend H told her I occasionally eat a cantaloupe... she went nuts! Sent me about 3 emails on what Listeria is, how you get it and the symptoms. (I had to laugh- I know she's just trying to be protective) She also sends me snippets of news stories she's following. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hehe, no, men don't think! Mine always show up unnanounced. And, SIL calls about every night around 9:30 to talk to DH for an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"