May 2012 Moms

Zofran users

Are you using colace too? I feeL like I'm in this battle because I only take the zofran on days that I'm vomiting but then I have the worse constipation from it. That pain is no fun at all either. My doctor said it's fine to take colace but it's class c so it makes me nervous. I've done the fiber, water, fruit etc but nothing helps. I started off this pregnancy on penicillin, then amoxicillin, another antibiotic shot, zofran, and now colace. I feel like the bean is getting a little loopy in there.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014

Re: Zofran users

• Take the colace - it will help, or atleast it did for me.  Don't feel so bad. I have severe nausea and I am on Zofran, Reglan and Phenergan 24hrs a day.  Plus tylenol for my RLP.  I also have allergies and take a pill for that.  I feel like a pharmacy some days. Oh- and my heartburn hasn't kicked in yet- but I'm sure it will and I will have a pill for that too.  My first 2 kids turned out ok and I was taking all these pills while pregnant with them - it will be ok.  I know how you feel though. 

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• image Deltadawn8:
    Take the colace - it will help, or atleast it did for me.  Don't feel so bad. I have severe nausea and I am on Zofran, Reglan and Phenergan 24hrs a day.  Plus tylenol for my RLP.  I also have allergies and take a pill for that.  I feel like a pharmacy some days. Oh- and my heartburn hasn't kicked in yet- but I'm sure it will and I will have a pill for that too.  My first 2 kids turned out ok and I was taking all these pills while pregnant with them - it will be ok.  I know how you feel though. 
    Thanks! How many do you take? The bottle says between 1-3 pills a day. I took 2 but my stomach was grumbling and pissed off after that. It did get the job done though. ;) I think I just might need to space it out a bit. The heartburn has already kicked in but I've been getting through it. I know I'm about to break down and get some tums.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Our little BOY is due 9/13/2014
  • I am taking 8mg of Zofran every 8hrs.  I am also taking Phenergan every 8hrs (alternating between the two every 4hrs) and Reglan before each meal.  My heartburn hasn't kicked in yet- but if it will be like the last 2 I will be on prescription Zantac soon.  Tums also helped alot.   Make sure you eat - or small meals and snacks- that really helps with the nausea meds too.

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Have you tried prune juice at all? That has helped me a lot. I'm in the same boat as you I'm taking Zofran and I'm super constipated. I'm also taking Colace but I don't know if it's been helping much. But ya try prune juice and metamucil if you haven't yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards