November 2011 Moms

wow, lady.

I'm due November 5th. I want this kid between Oct 29 (my original due date, adjusted with the ultrasound) and whenever I'll be 42 weeks pregnant.

There's a woman at my church who is due November 21st, so she's 33 wks or so. She wants to have her baby NOW because that means she can quit her job and move back home sooner - she doesn't care about the NICU or the health issues her baby might have, she wants that kid now. She's actually starting to do things to have her baby now. 

It was church, so I refrained from punching her, but oh, did I want to.

ETA: by things, I mean things that are supposed to help induce labor. I doubt it's going to work but, really??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wow, lady.

• My birthday is November 5th.  Stick out tongue  Good day!  hee hee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Ugh.  I am due Nov 18, and have had some signs of pre-term labor....and am desperately trying to hold on a bit longer.  Does she understand the risks?  How irritating.  Super Angry
  • Loading the player...
  • Good grief, I'm pregnant with twins and despite my discomfort, I'm extremely happy they've stayed put for 35 weeks so far and hope they stay put several more weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I imagine she has a lot of faith God won't let that backfire on her.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Wow. She's stupid.
  • imageArcadianDreams:
    I imagine she has a lot of faith God won't let that backfire on her.
    No kidding! I am due Nov 21 and can't imagine him here before 37 weeks (and that even seems early)
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Tell her to go to a NICU and see all of the very sick and premature babies and then ask her if she wants a preemie for her own SELFISH reasons.  My daughter was born a week ago today at 34 weeks and although her prognosis is good, I am hyper-aware that anything can happen.  Also, my daughter shares a room with 3-4 other babies, some of which are very sick.  It can be tough, going in there every single day, seeing these little guys struggle knowing that could have been (or could be) my daughter.  I thank the powers that be several times EVERY DAY that my girl is doing OK. 

It must have been tough to refrain from punching her.  You're a stronger woman than I and I don't know if I could have done it.  Of course, that could be the hormones talking....

• I just hope to make it to 37 weeks.  It would be nice to keep the baby in until 40, but I would not wish to have her at less than full term.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageamterrio:

Tell her to go to a NICU and see all of the very sick and premature babies and then ask her if she wants a preemie for her own SELFISH reasons.  My daughter was born a week ago today at 34 weeks and although her prognosis is good, I am hyper-aware that anything can happen.  Also, my daughter shares a room with 3-4 other babies, some of which are very sick.  It can be tough, going in there every single day, seeing these little guys struggle knowing that could have been (or could be) my daughter.  I thank the powers that be several times EVERY DAY that my girl is doing OK. 

It must have been tough to refrain from punching her.  You're a stronger woman than I and I don't know if I could have done it.  Of course, that could be the hormones talking....

This. And I bet that is really hard, one of my best friends was premature, and she did very well, but her mom says that seeing the babies that were worse off and their parents was the hardest part.
  • DId she actually TELL you that she doesn't care if her baby is in the NICU? Or are you just making that assumption because she is talking about how much she wants the baby right now?

I told at least 3 people at church yesterday that I'm ready to have this baby NOW! I'm big, I'm tired all the time, I feel like I can't breath, everything aches, the work I'm doing is stupid, and I just CAN'T WAIT to meet the little guy!  Yes, I'M ready to have this baby now.  At the same time, I know HE isn't ready to come now.  When I went to L&D the other night with contractions, the thought on my mind definitely wasn't "oh goody I hope I have this baby tonight."  I was praying I WOULDN'T have him right now.

I'm allowed to WANT to have my baby right now and so is she.  FOrtunately, we aren't magical beings and wishing for things doesn't make them happen.  I hope she enjoys all the sex, spicy food and long walks.  They aren't going to make the baby come prematurely.  I don't get why it's bugging you. 

• Yes. She had contractions last week, and said to me, "I hope they don't stop if it happens again." I said something about the NICU, and she said, "Well, I'd be able to stop work sooner and move. I have friends that had preemies and they were all fine, so I really don't care."

And this is when I turned around and walked away.

• imageJing22:
    I just hope to make it to 37 weeks.  It would be nice to keep the baby in until 40, but I would not wish to have her at less than full term.

This. I live in constant, albeit irrational, fear that he'll come earlier.

• imagekurokai:

Yes. She had contractions last week, and said to me, "I hope they don't stop if it happens again." I said something about the NICU, and she said, "Well, I'd be able to stop work sooner and move. I have friends that had preemies and they were all fine, so I really don't care."

Ok then. She's completely clueless. I probably would have stopped talking to her at that point too. For many, many people all they know of the NICU is that babies come out just fine. They really don't get it at all. She's (hopefully) one of those. The bottom line remains, she can wish it all she wants. Won't make it happen. I pray she is lucky enough to never learn what it is she's actually wishing for. But, yeah, I probably would have told her she was an idiot. Good for you for just walking away.
  • imagekurokai:

Yes. She had contractions last week, and said to me, "I hope they don't stop if it happens again." I said something about the NICU, and she said, "Well, I'd be able to stop work sooner and move. I have friends that had preemies and they were all fine, so I really don't care."

As a NICU nurse....I would have punched her.  Thats really sad.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"