Preemies

New micro preemie mommy- 25w5d

My little miracle, Sofia Isabella, was born September 30th at 3:01am! She was 25weeks5days gestation. She weighs 1lb9oz and 13.25 inches. We are def new to the preemie world and I'm sure I'm going to have a million questions so I just wanted to introduce myself!

I spent 15 days on hospital bed rest so although the delivery process was pretty quick, we were prepared for this possibility to occur. Any advise for a new mom in the NICU?!

TIA

Check out our blog of Sofia's progress... www.FisforFam.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Visit The Nest! image

Re: New micro preemie mommy- 25w5d

• Hello and welcome :) I had my LO at 23w6d and it is a roller coaster! There will be great days and then there will be hard days. I relied a lot on this board for support. If you have any questions, the ladies here are an amazing resource. Oh, and congrats on your little girl :)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Welcome and congrats on the birth of your daughter.  My son was about a week older than your daughter but pretty much the same stats.  I hope your NICU journey is as easy as possible.  It is a long road but we're here for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congrats on your daughter! My daughter is a 27-weeker who is 7 months old now and very healthy. The NICU journey is long and often scary but we are here for you when you have questions. The FAQs in my siggy may help some but ask all your questions and vent whenever you need to.

My best advice for a new NICU mom is this: It is ok to need time away from the hospital. In fact, you should take time away for your own mental health even though its really hard to do. This is going to be a long journey, you have to take care of yourself in order to be your baby's best advocate.

• welcome to the bard and congrats on the birth of your daughter!

I hope you have an uneventful NICU stay!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Welcome!  Sending positive thoughts to your new little one. 

Weren't you on the CFL local knot board way back when?  I feel like I remember your siggy!

Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My son was born at 26w3d and spent 70 days in the NICU.  It was a long ride, but he's doing great now, 8 months later.  

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!  Let us know if you have any questions.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Welcome and congratulations!  I hope you have an uneventful NICU stay.  

My best advice?  Let people help you and don't be afraid to ask people to do things for you.   

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• My baby, Gracie & I are still in NICU .. she was born on 8/3, that was 27w3days.. like PP said the NICU is soo hard.. it's certainly up & down.. my advice would be to try & stay positive (easier said than done sometimes).. try to keep a little busy when you're in there..bring a book, or crossword..whatever you feel comfortable.

make sure you start documenting your experiences..journal, blog, etc.. soo you have that to look back on when your baby is home.. so much happens sometimes..if i dont write it, i would probably forget it.

my #1 recommendation is to try & be there daily for 'rounds'.. this is when the doctors, nurse practioners, nurses talk about how your baby is doing.. you get most of the information, status updates and plan for the day.. important hearing it right from them, then you're own babies nurse sometimes..

GL to you & your little one.  here is my blog if you want to take a read to it:

www.babyblueberriespacella.blogspot.com

IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Welcome and congratulations! I hope your Nicu stay is as short and uneventful as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and congrats on your baby girls birth! My DS was born at 34 weeks and spent 26 of the longest days of my life in the hospital. My best advise is to try to make a daily routine. I would get up in the morning to be at the hospital everyday for 11am, would leave to do whatever and then go back in the evening with DH. Also, don't be scared to make friends with the other parents; I made one and we talk almost every day now about our boys. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Welcome.  I am also a new preemie mommy.  My twins were born last Sunday at 25w2d weighing at 1 lb 10 oz each.  Good luck and I wish you and your little one all the best. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your little girl!  I didn't quite have micro preemies, but 28 weekers who spent 70 days in the NICU.  I wish you and your little one the best and an uneventful stay. 
  • my first son was also a micro premie at 26wks 1 daY=y and weighed 2lbs 3oz he spent 77days in the nicu and i agree you should be there everyday for rounds but if not make sure you ghave your nurse page your daughters primary doctor for the day and ask for the daily report they are really good about that. but take it day by day cause thats all you can do to keep yourself from going crazy its a scary time but try and learn as  uch as you can about hat they are saying and ask questions if your not sure what they are talking about. my son is now 20 months tho and just started walking about 2 and a half weeks ago so anything is possible good luck and god bless!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Welcome and Congratulations on your little girl. What a beautiful name. Praying for a short and uneventful NICU stay. Definitely try and get as much rest and possible and I'm sure your pumping too. Try not to beat yourself up if your milk doesn't come in right away. Definitely keep us posted.

• welcome and congrats! my DD was born at 22 w 5 d and she is now 6 months and chunky.  I hope your NICU stay is smooth sailing and you are all home soon.
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"