July 2011 Moms

Bad parenting by DH.

Me: Are you letting Donald play with a plastic bag?
DH: Yeah! Look he likes it!
Donald: *Smile while throwing hands and swating at plastic bag*
Me: I bet you $10 the bag says 'this is not a toy, can cause suffication'
DH *looks at bag* Yeah it does. *sheepish grin*

It's kinds funny, but only because they were playing with it together and he hadn't walked away, leaving Donald alone with the bag.

Re: Bad parenting by DH.

• Oh dear. Maybe suggest a piece of tissiue paper to throw in the air & swat at next time. And when that's not fun anymore they can rip it up, which is also fun for baby.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Is it horrible that as long as your H was right there watching him I don't find this a big deal/bad at all? It was 10 minutes of supervised fun. I'm sure he had enough common sense to not slap it over his head or anything. ;)

Now if he'd walked away and left the kid with the bag, then I'd have a different opinion.

:):)

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like something my DH would do. I've already told him that he doesn't get to be a stay at home dad because I would come home from work every day to find something new on fire.
  • My friend told me the other day that her husband was in charge of their DS one afternoon so she could catch up on sleep...She woke to find the LO screaming his head off in his Bumbo seat with her DH nowhere in sight...well turns out he "ran" to the store and didn't want the baby to slow him down...WHAT?

So honestly playing supervised with a plastic bag doesn't sound so bad anymore! With that being said - I'm sure he got your point when he read the warning on the bag ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"