March 2012 Moms
Options

Physical Therapy Update

Went in this morning. It was awesome! I feel a tiny bit better. My SI Joint is totally spazzing out. She thinks we can get my pain to a 3 or 4 and no longer an 8 or 9 and hopefully I'll be able to walk at night with out hobbling. 

She has me doing some exercises and wants me to try to get on the elliptical a few times a week to help loosen it out a bit. Also hot tub for 10 minutes after my work out to avoid it spazzing again. She said 10 minutes in a hot tub will do no harm at all, especially since our complex hot tub is kept at like 105

I'm going to see her once-twice a week for the next 8 weeks. She also thinks it would be benificial for me to just continue throughout my pregnancy so she was going to send a memo to my OB.

Best part? Cause its "prescription" its covered under our global Maternity coverage and I don't have to pay a thing for it. =)

Re: Physical Therapy Update

• Options
    awww that's so great PK! i was wondering how that went! i hope it starts working and you can get some relief. I love that it's gonna be covered  :)
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    AWWW yay! okay i am trying chiro and if it doesnt help i may have to do PT. My insurance isnt covering anything pregnancy related to all of it will be out of pocket :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageFIRST311:
    AWWW yay! okay i am trying chiro and if it doesnt help i may have to do PT. My insurance isnt covering anything pregnancy related to all of it will be out of pocket :(

I will say, since your OOP I would highly suggest one that is a prenatal physical therapist. Might as well have someone who is good at helping pregnant women since your paying either way 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"