November 2011 Moms

Is lots of pelvic pressure normal at 34 wks?

For about a week now, I have been experiencing quite a bit of pelvic pressure/pain. It is VERY uncomfortable to walk, and crossing my legs is also pretty painful (as is getting out of a car low to the ground). I know that my LO is head down in my pelvis, so I assume this is why I am so uncomfortable all of a sudden. Is this normal at 34 weeks? I didn't expect to feel this way until much closer to my due date.

Re: Is lots of pelvic pressure normal at 34 wks?

• I've been feeling the same the past few days.  I have no idea how my LO is positioned though. My dr thought he was breech at my apmt last week but really couldn't tell...
    It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am having the same issue.  I just saw my dr yesterday and she has not done an internal yet but confirmed that LO is head down and said that is likely why I'm feeling that pressure.  I'm fine if I'm sitting but when I stand I'm feeling a lot of pressure on my pubic bone and my bowels...no fun!  My maternity care nurse through my insurance suggested laying on my left side as much as possible...which isn't much considering I'm at work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it is normal.  My baby has "dropped" and I found that out at my 34 week appt.  I had been wondering why my pelvis was killing me, why I feel the need to pee every 15 minutes when I'm standing, and why I feel like I'm carrying around a moving 12 pound bowling ball in my pelvis.  Definitely ask your OB at the next visit, but I'm sure everything is A-OK.
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 32+ weeks and at my last appointment (31 weeks, 6 days) my OB said baby was really low and I will start to experience stronger side effects of this (pressure, more frequent urination, etc.).  I wouldn't worry too much, but definitely talk it over with your doctor on your next visit. 

Sometimes I feel like baby is going to fall out of me because of how low he/she is.  It's difficult to walk, get up and basically do normal activities.  How I'm going to function for another 7 weeks is beyond me. Huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"