Baby Names

Post your FB, hospital & other name horrors here?THURSDAY

Per this thread, we're hoping to condense a lot of the "gawker" threads into one! We thought this would make them more fun to browse and the board an easier read. We'll start a new thread every day to keep the list fresh.

Anyone is welcome to add to the post--local hospital names, the awful name you over heard at the park, Facebook horrors, and anything else that might give us a good chuckle! Feel free to comment, too.

** Note: La-a, Oranjello, Lemonjello, Male, Female, Nosmo King, Shithead, etc. do not belong in this post. They are posted almost every day. Yes, they are very very old news. Click here for more info.
• • •
monster '06 | peanut '09 | bones '12 | little ass kicker '13
"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" Alfred Tennyson
TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section TB FAQ Section
TB FAQ Section

Re: Post your FB, hospital & other name horrors here?THURSDAY

• From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

bfp #1 (10/28/09) m/c (11/4/09) bfp #2 (12/26/10) m/c (1/25/11)
  • image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Do you have any idea how they're pronouncing that? Is it just a funky spelling of Ariel?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A little boy named Chaise at story time today.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a kind of chair??

Curly Joe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A little girl on the Today show interviewed by Al Roker (in the crowd outside) said her name was "I adore her". He said "You name is I adore her?" and she said yes. I have no idea how she spelled it and I've tried to find a clip of it online but can't.

It was a few years ago, and yes, I saw it with my own eyes.

• image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

What's with the extra vowels?  I subbed yesterday and had a student named Gabreaelle.

imageimageimage

photo b8fe9970-2af7-4461-8ea5-3ca36d3bccca.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actual people I knew - very nice people...

Eric Ben Dover

Hamurabbi Kabbabi

• image narabug:
    image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Do you have any idea how they're pronouncing that? Is it just a funky spelling of Ariel?

It's like Ariel, yep. I've met the little girl a few times.  

Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

bfp #1 (10/28/09) m/c (11/4/09) bfp #2 (12/26/10) m/c (1/25/11)
  • Sisters named Meadow Ann and Patience Nan

BFP- 1/21/12 MC- 3/4/2012 

BFP- 4/28/2012 Born- 12/28/2012
    BFP- 03/10/2014 EDD- 10/27/2014 ITS A BOY!
    imageimageimage

• Brynleigh Phylex 

Not a clue... 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • Little girl in my daughter's class:

Teel Butts

I thought "Like 'Blue Ass'?"

With a last name like Butts its going to be a rough time naming but all pronouns should be off limits. 

• In HS I had a great english teacher.  Unfortunately his parents named him Richard.  The more unfortunate part is that his last name is Stiff.  You all know the nn for Richard right and no, I don't mean Rich!  I swear I am not making this up go ahead and google him. It's not shocking he just decided to go by "Greg".
    Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long image image image image
  • Found these lovelies by the rocket scientists over on CafeMom (pink font and all)...

ReynaAzlynChenoaKenzingtonVandiJulitzaXavieretteZeyla

Rylea 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Zhanvyndia  (zan-vin-dee-a)  A student a met at our school today.. the best part was when she gave me attitude because I didn't know how to spell it.
    TTC since December '08
    Dx PCOS and Endo
    lap to remove cysts turned into full laparotomy Nov. '09
    4 cycles of clomid=BFN
    1 clomid iui = BFN
    new doctor and a new plan
    august '10 - began 6 months of lupron depot
    IVF our only option for biological baby
    May '11 Decided we are moving on to adoption!
  • My best friend in middle schools name was Aurora Somora.  No lie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • The Nevaeh post above reminded me of 2 sisters from my last job.

Ahnevaeh (kinda defeats the whole Heaven spelled backwards thing, right?)

Shayariana (yes one word)

• A few years ago I had a student named Quetzalcoatl.  He was named after an Aztec god.  I could NEVER pronounce it the way he liked, and neither could anyone else.  I thought I was saying it exactly as he was, but I was missing something.  He ended up going by Q-Man.
    God has blessed us!

My first baby, Hannah Corinne.

BabyName Ticker
  • Ooh, I just saw another good one on FB:

Anistyn (with little brother Stockton) Ick!

Curly Joe

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Julitza is legit!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • image star678:
    Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.

That's hilarious.  I thought Azalea would make an AWESOME name--when I was 11.

TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Possible MUD from a name site:

"Adream Ajourney Afire Adragon Awake - I love this name because it tells a story. These are a few of my favorite things, I am currently pregnant and planning on giving my child this gift of an unique name. (A - dre - am, A - journey, A - Fear - a, Add -dre - gan, A - wah - key) and the babys last name, will be her fathers, which is miller."

On Stimmed Cycle #5
  • I know a little boy named Stash
  • image star678:
    Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.

A good friend of mine named his daughter Azaleah. He's a Canadian who has been living in Indonesia for 8 years and met his wife there. Perhaps it's a more common name there? (With that spelling) The thing that got me was how they pronounce it. He said they pronounce it two different ways...like Az-AIL-ee-a (like the flower) OR Az-a-LEE-a. Well, which IS it?! Kind of confusing. Total darling though.

Today I saw THIS in the local newspaper...Peighton. REALLY? Ouch!

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • image sarahmsall:
    A few years ago I had a student named Quetzalcoatl.  He was named after an Aztec god.  I could NEVER pronounce it the way he liked, and neither could anyone else.  I thought I was saying it exactly as he was, but I was missing something.  He ended up going by Q-Man.

This is hilarious and sad at the same time!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Girls I went to school with, sisters

Liberty & Justice & Freedom

No lie

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image  image