Baby Names

Post your FB, hospital & other name horrors here?THURSDAY

Per this thread, we're hoping to condense a lot of the "gawker" threads into one! We thought this would make them more fun to browse and the board an easier read. We'll start a new thread every day to keep the list fresh.

Anyone is welcome to add to the post--local hospital names, the awful name you over heard at the park, Facebook horrors, and anything else that might give us a good chuckle! Feel free to comment, too.

** Note: La-a, Oranjello, Lemonjello, Male, Female, Nosmo King, Shithead, etc. do not belong in this post. They are posted almost every day. Yes, they are very very old news. Click here for more info.
• • •
m '06 | f '09 | i '12 | c '13
"Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?" Alfred Tennyson
imageimage

Re: Post your FB, hospital & other name horrors here?THURSDAY

• From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

bfp #1 (10/28/09) m/c (11/4/09) bfp #2 (12/26/10) m/c (1/25/11)
  • image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Do you have any idea how they're pronouncing that? Is it just a funky spelling of Ariel?

• A little boy named Chaise at story time today.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a kind of chair??

Curly Joe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A little girl on the Today show interviewed by Al Roker (in the crowd outside) said her name was "I adore her". He said "You name is I adore her?" and she said yes. I have no idea how she spelled it and I've tried to find a clip of it online but can't.

It was a few years ago, and yes, I saw it with my own eyes.

• image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

What's with the extra vowels?  I subbed yesterday and had a student named Gabreaelle.

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

photo b8fe9970-2af7-4461-8ea5-3ca36d3bccca.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Actual people I knew - very nice people...

Eric Ben Dover

Hamurabbi Kabbabi

• image narabug:
    image KtB0605:

From FB:

Ariealle. Tongue Tied 

Do you have any idea how they're pronouncing that? Is it just a funky spelling of Ariel?

It's like Ariel, yep. I've met the little girl a few times.  

Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

bfp #1 (10/28/09) m/c (11/4/09) bfp #2 (12/26/10) m/c (1/25/11)
  • Sisters named Meadow Ann and Patience Nan

BFP- 1/21/12 MC- 3/4/2012 

imageimage

The first time Ev met J.D.

Halloween '14

• Brynleigh Phylex 

Not a clue... 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • Little girl in my daughter's class:

Teel Butts

I thought "Like 'Blue Ass'?"

With a last name like Butts its going to be a rough time naming but all pronouns should be off limits. 

• In HS I had a great english teacher.  Unfortunately his parents named him Richard.  The more unfortunate part is that his last name is Stiff.  You all know the nn for Richard right and no, I don't mean Rich!  I swear I am not making this up go ahead and google him. It's not shocking he just decided to go by "Greg".
    Me: 37 DH: 43 Married 9/2004 TTC since 9/2005 CP Dec 2006 MC June 2008 at 6 weeks MC April 2010 at 9 weeks 50 clomid+IUI 11/2010=BFN 50 clomid+IUI 12/2010=BFP MC Feb 2011 at 7 weeks 8/11 CD3 AFC=24,FSH=6.91,AMH=5.6,E2=47.9, TSH=1.27,8/26 12DPO BFP Alistair Charles "Charlie" was born 5/7 weighing 8lbs, 10oz and 22" was long image image image image
  • Found these lovelies by the rocket scientists over on CafeMom (pink font and all)...

ReynaAzlynChenoaKenzingtonVandiJulitzaXavieretteZeyla

Rylea 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.
    Married in 2008 - DD born in 2010 - EDD 6.15.2012!
  • Zhanvyndia  (zan-vin-dee-a)  A student a met at our school today.. the best part was when she gave me attitude because I didn't know how to spell it.
    TTC since December '08
    Dx PCOS and Endo
    lap to remove cysts turned into full laparotomy Nov. '09
    4 cycles of clomid=BFN
    1 clomid iui = BFN
    new doctor and a new plan
    august '10 - began 6 months of lupron depot
    IVF our only option for biological baby
    May '11 Decided we are moving on to adoption!
  • My best friend in middle schools name was Aurora Somora.  No lie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • The Nevaeh post above reminded me of 2 sisters from my last job.

Ahnevaeh (kinda defeats the whole Heaven spelled backwards thing, right?)

Shayariana (yes one word)

• A few years ago I had a student named Quetzalcoatl.  He was named after an Aztec god.  I could NEVER pronounce it the way he liked, and neither could anyone else.  I thought I was saying it exactly as he was, but I was missing something.  He ended up going by Q-Man.
    God has blessed us!

My first baby, Hannah Corinne.

BabyName Ticker
  • Ooh, I just saw another good one on FB:

Anistyn (with little brother Stockton) Ick!

Curly Joe

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Julitza is legit!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • image star678:
    Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.

That's hilarious.  I thought Azalea would make an AWESOME name--when I was 11.

TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Possible MUD from a name site:

"Adream Ajourney Afire Adragon Awake - I love this name because it tells a story. These are a few of my favorite things, I am currently pregnant and planning on giving my child this gift of an unique name. (A - dre - am, A - journey, A - Fear - a, Add -dre - gan, A - wah - key) and the babys last name, will be her fathers, which is miller."

On Stimmed Cycle #5
  • I know a little boy named Stash
  • image star678:
    Azaleah Ve.  I don't know how to say the middle name.  I guess it's not as horrific as a lot of other things posted, but I was still confused by the addition of the "h" and the decidedly odd middle name.

A good friend of mine named his daughter Azaleah. He's a Canadian who has been living in Indonesia for 8 years and met his wife there. Perhaps it's a more common name there? (With that spelling) The thing that got me was how they pronounce it. He said they pronounce it two different ways...like Az-AIL-ee-a (like the flower) OR Az-a-LEE-a. Well, which IS it?! Kind of confusing. Total darling though.

Today I saw THIS in the local newspaper...Peighton. REALLY? Ouch!

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • image sarahmsall:
    A few years ago I had a student named Quetzalcoatl.  He was named after an Aztec god.  I could NEVER pronounce it the way he liked, and neither could anyone else.  I thought I was saying it exactly as he was, but I was missing something.  He ended up going by Q-Man.

This is hilarious and sad at the same time!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Girls I went to school with, sisters

Liberty & Justice & Freedom

No lie

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards