April 2012 Moms

Out on FB

Feels amazing! I always hated keeping secrets, well my own anyways. 

Although my big reveal wasn't all exciting because a lot of my family and friends live on the west coast and are either sleeping or at work.

Hopefully my phone won't get blown up while I'm at work for the nest 4 hours. Haha.

Who else plans on coming out this week or anytime soon? 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Out on FB

• Yay!  Congrats!

We came out early (this past Sunday @ 10 weeks) because the secret was killing me.  My FB went mental.  It was fun!

• I actually don't plan on coming out on FB per say...like, if we're going to do anything, I might post the u/s picture of the anatomy scan and say "It's a ___!" And that's about it...I mean my family will know by then, and my close friends will know, and the other people are probably the ones I don't talk to very often, so big deal, ya know?  Who knows, maybe once I get further along that'll change :)  Congrats to you, I'm sure it's a big relief!  We're still waiting to tell the rest of our family, we probably won't do that until 14-15 weeks!
  • I'm going to tell on FB after my next appt. So I was hoping to do it next Friday, but will be waiting until next Tuesday or Wednesday since my appt got moved. Boo
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • image ChelseyB5186:
    I actually don't plan on coming out on FB per say...like, if we're going to do anything, I might post the u/s picture of the anatomy scan and say "It's a ___!" And that's about it...I mean my family will know by then, and my close friends will know, and the other people are probably the ones I don't talk to very often, so big deal, ya know?  Who knows, maybe once I get further along that'll change :)  Congrats to you, I'm sure it's a big relief!  We're still waiting to tell the rest of our family, we probably won't do that until 14-15 weeks!

ME EITHER!!! I might change my mind too- but for now just fam & friends! I'm almost 13 weeks and this has been my thought process the whole time! 

• We're coming out on Tuesday next week. I can't believe it's stayed a secret this long wit my big mouth! Can't wait for DH's bday to tell everyone!
    30before30 blog . . . BFP Chart . . . [formerly jaimelody]

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our plan is to wait a while because DH has a crazy cousin that makes everything about her and I just don't want to deal with her yet. I know at some point she will find out and we'll have to deal with her then but for now I'm keeping it off facebook for a while.

We do have our NT scan on Saturday so that is going to make keeping the secret that much harder. I haven't had an ultrasound or heard the heartbeat yet so while I want to tell the world I also want to know that everything is ok first. Saturday may be hard for me!

I bake a lot and tend to share pictures and often update what I've made, so I'm thinking of changing my status to something like "Sherry has been baking up something a little different these days...". DH is a huge Pearl Jam fan and so he's changing his profile picture to a onesie that says "I got sh!t"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm thinking we'll come out next week when I turn 10 weeks...it's getting sooo hard to keep it in!  Our families and close friends know so i'm going to talk to DH this weekend about doing it next week. 
    ~Julia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not coming out on FB for awhile. I am still keeping it from one of my very best friends because I want to tell her in person and she's in the Coast Guard in MI. She comes home in November, so I know it will be a huge shock for her! I might keep the secret a little longer, and it might be my Christmas Eve post on FB. We'll see...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I was originally planning on waiting until my birthday (10/14) to make an b-day "coming out" announcement.  But it is getting very hard to keep it a secret since we are "out" to just about everyone we talk to on a daily basis (family, friends, co-workers, etc.) Thinking about maybe doing an announcement next Tuesday after our sequential screen ultrasound.  We've already had an u/s last week and they said everything looked "perfect" so I'm not as worried about announcing now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards