Trouble TTC

16 Day Cycle? Very Confused

Ok, so I am pretty sure AF showed up today, totally unexpectedly! But looking back at my chart, it looks like a typical ovulation chart, just a lot shorter. My temperatures rose very early, stayed high, then took a nose dive yesterday when I started spotting, then today, bam! AF decided to show instead of my little spotting episode like I was expecting.

So please enlighten me, do you think I ovulated? Or did I just experience a very weird, very short cycle? If I did in fact ovulate, this would be a first and would make me so happy because maybe I do have a fighting chance!!

Journey to Vivienne:
TTC Since 10/2010
DX: Me-Unexplained infertility/annovulation; DH-mild MFI (borderline motility, low morphology)
Surprise BFP Nov. '11 while waiting for our first IUI! Ended in c/p at 5w2d.
Jan. '12 - 2.5 mg Femara + IUI#1 = BFP!!!

Vivienne Claire born 10/24/2012
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #2 Starting 8/2014
My Ovulation Chart

Re: 16 Day Cycle? Very Confused

• I have no idea but wanted to say I'm sorry.  I would be confused as well.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very interesting...

If you did ovulate, it would probably not be a very strong ovulation (ovulation prior to 10 days without the help of meds usually signifies a pretty weak O).

I had a 17 day cycle once. It looked very similar. I never had another one like it - not sure what the heck it was!

Are you sure you're having full-on AF?

Kelly, Kevin, and Jay Bird - Finally a Family
    TTC from 2009 to 2013 - Male Factor, LPD, Ovulatory Dysfunction, Loss
    3 rounds of Clomid with IUI - BFN
    1 round of Follistim with IUI - BFN
    BFP 5/2011 - M/C due to triploidy - Missing you Brucie
    Moved on to a domestic adoption plan
    Surprise BFP 7/2012 - Baby Bird born 3/13/13 - PERFECTION

• image kellyrn9956:

Very interesting...

If you did ovulate, it would probably not be a very strong ovulation (ovulation prior to 10 days without the help of meds usually signifies a pretty weak O).

I had a 17 day cycle once. It looked very similar. I never had another one like it - not sure what the heck it was!

Are you sure you're having full-on AF?

See, I am not sure about having full-on AF. (Possibly TMI coming up)

I am used to spotting quite a bit (and sometimes my spotting is heavier for a few hours, but it always subsides. But I had a lot today, I filled a tampon in 5 hours and usually (pre-TTC) I would have fairly light periods and could go 6-12 hours before needing to change tampons. It is pretty heavy, possibly more than I had on my heaviest day a few weeks ago, but it is very dark red. That is why I am leaning towards having full-on AF.

Journey to Vivienne:
    TTC Since 10/2010
    DX: Me-Unexplained infertility/annovulation; DH-mild MFI (borderline motility, low morphology)

TTC #2 Starting 8/2014
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I had some pretty serious spotting a few cycles ago, but it stopped after a couple of days. Might just be some breakthrough bleeding?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image apollonia10:
    I had some pretty serious spotting a few cycles ago, but it stopped after a couple of days. Might just be some breakthrough bleeding?

That is what I am wondering, which is why I am reluctant to actually mark today as CD1. Maybe I will wait and see if it subsides.

Edited: missing word 

Journey to Vivienne:
    TTC Since 10/2010

TTC #2 Starting 8/2014
    My Ovulation Chart
  • If it's bright red it's probably AF. I see you're annov DX is there also PCOS in there? I've seen where PCOS can cause really short cycles that are annov. I hope that's it, just a thought. Sorry, Yogi. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• image MsGMChick:
    If it's bright red it's probably AF. I see you're annov DX is there also PCOS in there? I've seen where PCOS can cause really short cycles that are annov. I hope that's it, just a thought. Sorry, Yogi. 

Nope, no PCOS, all bloodwork came back normal and my ovaries are normal as well. I am just completely stumped by this. I don't know whether or not to mark today as CD1 or wait to see what happens. 

Journey to Vivienne:
    TTC Since 10/2010

TTC #2 Starting 8/2014
    My Ovulation Chart
  • That def should have said, "I hope that's NOT it". Sorry!!

Have you had an HSG? For some reason I think I remember fibroids and such can cause spotting/bleeding on and off frequently. :/

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• image MsGMChick:

That def should have said, "I hope that's NOT it". Sorry!!

Have you had an HSG? For some reason I think I remember fibroids and such can cause spotting/bleeding on and off frequently. :/

I actually didn't catch that the NOT wasn't there because when I read it I automatically put it in.

I had my HSG last Monday, Sep. 12th, and everything came back normal and clear. The only explanation that was given to me about the possible cause of my odd spotting/bleeding episodes was by my Ob/Gyn when she ran bloodwork on me in June. My E2 levels came back pretty low, just barely over postmenopausal level according to her (I am definitely not old enough to be experiencing menopause, I am only in my mid-20's!). She told me that because I am not producing enough estrogen my lining doesn't have the chance to really thicken so it just randomly sheds itself to prepare again to thicken and it continues in this idiotic cycle that confuses me to pieces.

Usually the spotting stays very light so I have no confusion as to whether it is spotting or AF but this time I am baffled because it is pretty heavy.

Journey to Vivienne:
    TTC Since 10/2010

TTC #2 Starting 8/2014
    My Ovulation Chart