Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I'm a judgey beyotch

Re: I'm a judgey beyotch

• imagecitychicks:

The gif is on the first page. Huh? I can see it, are you guys unable to? If not, it's a crazy looking dude in drag stirring a pot. Smile

Oh my gosh, I did see it last night (after you changed it), I just didn't get itEmbarrassed. Fail on my part.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageNewFamily09:
     A lot of people define CIO differently.  For some people that means letting them cry for 10 minutes instead of rushing in the minute they fuss.  I don't think many parents mean it in the strict sense of they never go help their crying baby and ignore him for hours. 

This. It's sometimes really obnoxious when as soon as someone mentions CIO the CIO Police show up. It's fine if it's not for you but believe it or not it does work for some families. If you think it's cruel, that's your prerogative, but some people can't function as well on 9 months of broken sleep as others can. All I can think of is if I was teaching and had to be up every 1-2 hours with my kid all night then be at the top of my game for 25 other kids during the day I probably would be doing a shiitty job. Because I have the luxury of staying at home, I haven't had to be consistent with sleep training, but that will change because I'm not spending another year waking up multiple times at night and from talking to some people, there are kids that don't STTN until age 2 or 3. I just can't do it, for my sake and sanity, and for my child's health. Waking up and not being able to put themselves back to sleep isn't good for children, either. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSeussicalOne:

imageNewFamily09:
     A lot of people define CIO differently.  For some people that means letting them cry for 10 minutes instead of rushing in the minute they fuss.  I don't think many parents mean it in the strict sense of they never go help their crying baby and ignore him for hours. 

This. It's sometimes really obnoxious when as soon as someone mentions CIO the CIO Police show up. It's fine if it's not for you but believe it or not it does work for some families. If you think it's cruel, that's your prerogative, but some people can't function as well on 9 months of broken sleep as others can. All I can think of is if I was teaching and had to be up every 1-2 hours with my kid all night then be at the top of my game for 25 other kids during the day I probably would be doing a shiitty job. Because I have the luxury of staying at home, I haven't had to be consistent with sleep training, but that will change because I'm not spending another year waking up multiple times at night and from talking to some people, there are kids that don't STTN until age 2 or 3. I just can't do it, for my sake and sanity, and for my child's health. Waking up and not being able to put themselves back to sleep isn't good for children, either. 

It's also really obnoxious when you vent about your LO not sleeping (including that they STTN from 6 weeks old to the last week) and the first thing that some people say is "you need to CIO". If it worked for you or you plan to do it, whatever, good for you, I hope it works for your LO. However, if I wanted to do it myself, don't you think I would have already? Or maybe there is an actual issue as to why they aren't sleeping? It goes both ways.

There will always be posts about CIO, BF, etc. that just deteriorate into sh!t slinging. Didn't we learn that back in the Tri boards?

• imageshaw:
    I personally believe that teaching your child how to sleep well is more important than snuggles in the middle of the night.  I am at the later end of this board but if my baby still woke regularly in the night....I would look at what I was doing and change it!!!
    Yes
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageGrahamSchneider:

Late to the party, I know.. but I just wanted to add something I am sure someone already did. 

My seven month old went to sleep at 8pm last night with no fuss and... well, I am just starting to hear her stir now at 7:15am, oh wait, she fell back asleep.

Thank you Ferber.

You can judge my parenting style - but I know I'd be more worried about LO's sleep and her needing more, than the cuddles that I want. If LO gets less than 10 hours in a night, I worry like crazy that she didn't get enough. Luckily, I rarely have to worry about that anymore.

ETA: The longest LO cried on Ferber was about a half hour to 45 minutes, and the crying was in increments. Whenever I'd check on her, she would calm down for a few. I am not sure how the ladies did it when their LO's didn't take to it as well. But I don't judge them either. 

My 6 month old went to bed last night at 9 and woke up at 6 this morning when my alarm went off (yes she still sleeps in my room)

I don't even know what ferber is.

• My eyes are bleeding..

• imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

One. Pickle, if you are not judging your friend, your title is wrong.

Two. What does Pickle's kid's name have to do with anything? Classy.

Three. Britt(mere) is still a donkey diick.

I think you should add more observations and create a power point for our viewing pleasure.

Also, this thread sucks a big one and now I feel like barfing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

I knew I should have waited for a summary instead of reading all of this.

Oh and I agree with your observations! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

Thanks Cruel!  I read page 1 and then skipped ahead and found your breakdown of events. 

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

Thanks Cruel!  I read page 1 and then skipped ahead and found your breakdown of events. 

I forgot to add that Frenchie came in and whipped her hurr around (which confused the balls off of me) then Britt's posse came in and screamed foul, Quesera was the voice of reason again and most of us who made it that far into the thread without passing out rolled our eyes. The end. 

I was really starting to wonder who some of these people were. I know this is a public forum and anyone can post and all that jazz, but it seemed like new people were coming out of the wood work to "support" her. Interesting. I had no idea she had a posse. I must work on my lurking skills.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

I forgot to add that Frenchie came in and whipped her hurr around (which confused the balls off of me) then Britt's posse came in and screamed foul, Quesera was the voice of reason again and most of us who made it that far into the thread without passing out rolled our eyes. The end. 

Awesome summary. :) 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

You also forgot the pot sirring drag queen.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

I was really starting to wonder who some of these people were. I know this is a public forum and anyone can post and all that jazz, but it seemed like new people were coming out of the wood work to "support" her. Interesting. I had no idea she had a posse. I must work on my lurking skills.  

I have way more posts than you so I don't know how that makes me "new" just because I don't post normally on this board, doesn't mean I don't read. Anyway, the OP was bringing up a controversial topic and to expect not to get people who disagree (and whine when you can't take it) is poor form for the bump. But that's one of the reasons I am not a frequent poster on the "bigger" boards, the same bullies who were here when we were all pregnant on the tri boards all seem alive and well. I am glad you have the internet to hide behind. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecruelsound:

imagehoney740:
    I have way more posts than you so I don't know how that makes me "new" just because I don't post normally on this board, doesn't mean I don't read. Anyway, the OP was bringing up a controversial topic and to expect not to get people who disagree (and whine when you can't take it) is poor form for the bump. But that's one of the reasons I am not a frequent poster on the "bigger" boards, the same bullies who were here when we were all pregnant on the tri boards all seem alive and well. I am glad you have the internet to hide behind. 

And I'm glad that the internet rules your life so much that you feel "bullied" by these faceless people.

Get over it.

Oh, I don't feel bullied but don't you think for one minute that people on here derive pleasure from making people feel like shiit.  

• imagehoney740:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...I took this to mean, people that don't post here often and aren't recognized as such. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? Move on...it's over and now it's funny.

• imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

This should get bumped to the top, esp the part about meeeeeee.
  • imagehoney740:
    imageaktemple:

Oh yeah, well I have more posts than you, so na na na boo boo. Now go back to your little FB group and talk about what big sluts and hors we all are.

• imagerodeogurl258:
    imageGrahamSchneider:

Late to the party, I know.. but I just wanted to add something I am sure someone already did. 

My seven month old went to sleep at 8pm last night with no fuss and... well, I am just starting to hear her stir now at 7:15am, oh wait, she fell back asleep.

Thank you Ferber.

You can judge my parenting style - but I know I'd be more worried about LO's sleep and her needing more, than the cuddles that I want. If LO gets less than 10 hours in a night, I worry like crazy that she didn't get enough. Luckily, I rarely have to worry about that anymore.

ETA: The longest LO cried on Ferber was about a half hour to 45 minutes, and the crying was in increments. Whenever I'd check on her, she would calm down for a few. I am not sure how the ladies did it when their LO's didn't take to it as well. But I don't judge them either. 

My 6 month old went to bed last night at 9 and woke up at 6 this morning when my alarm went off (yes she still sleeps in my room)

I don't even know what ferber is.

That is awesome that your LO was able to learn how to soothe herself to sleep! My LO was relying on being rocked fully to sleep before being put down. I felt it important for her to learn how to put herself to sleep and I used Ferber's Cry it Out method. It worked absolute wonders for her. Here is a link describing the method. I know you don't need it, but in case you were curious:

https://www.professorshouse.com/Family/Babies/Articles/The-Ferber-Method/ 

• imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    imagehoney740:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...I took this to mean, people that don't post here often and aren't recognized as such. Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? Move on...it's over and now it's funny.

you are wrong, simply saying I was not "new" that's all. If I had joined today, her post would have made sense.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageCinemaGoddess:

This made me literally LOL! 

• imagehoney740:
    imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    imagehoney740:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

you are wrong, simply saying I was not "new" that's all. If I had joined today, her post would have made sense.  

Sigh. Not you, HER. I think that SHE was talking about "new" people as people that don't often post on this board. You are the one getting your panties in a bunch for no reason. Does that clear that up for you?

• I haven't read all of the replies because, well, I'm lazy ... and this argument is as old as the Bump itself ... 

But we will see what all you 'nay-sayers' say about CIO in 6 months. NEVER say never.  

That is all. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• I guess I don't understand why people who are so comfortable and at peace with their families' decision to use CIO feel the need to defend themselves so fervently.  Generally when I get on the defensive about a decision I've made, it's because I don't feel all that great about it, whether it worked for me or not.  If you're so happy with CIO - passionately so, as Britt posited - why so defensive?  OP never once said that people who have their kids CIO are ignorant dickbags who hate their kids and are awful people.  She said she felt judgey and wanted to hug her friend's kid.  Different statements, IMO.
  • imageMelbaToast37:
    I guess I don't understand why people who are so comfortable and at peace with their families' decision to use CIO feel the need to defend themselves so fervently.  Generally when I get on the defensive about a decision I've made, it's because I don't feel all that great about it, whether it worked for me or not.  If you're so happy with CIO - passionately so, as Britt posited - why so defensive?  OP never once said that people who have their kids CIO are ignorant dickbags who hate their kids and are awful people.  She said she felt judgey and wanted to hug her friend's kid.  Different statements, IMO.

Because regardless of how comfortable you are with a decision you've made, if someone walks up to you and calls your a heartless biitch of a mother, it makes you want to defend your choices.  

• imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    imagehoney740:
    imageRyAnsMoMMy123:
    imagehoney740:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:
    imagerimjob:
    imageaktemple:
    imagecruelsound:

Cruel's Observations.

Sigh. Not you, HER. I think that SHE was talking about "new" people as people that don't often post on this board. You are the one getting your panties in a bunch for no reason. Does that clear that up for you?

Sorry- posts that followed yours made it seem yours had the same intent, I misunderstood :-) 

• Why are you all such meanie poopyheads?  Now somebody is going to have to start a whole other thread about how TB is a place for support blah blah blah and we are going to have another sh!t storm.  And I can't not watch.
  • imagecruelsound:

There, there internet chicks who are getting too wound up by Bump dramz, have a seat on my ottoman. I'm going to put a little music and and then I'll make you feel alllll better.

You get your dirty slut ottoman out of here, this is all we have, don't ruin the pointless interwebz argument for us!

• imageCinemaGoddess:

sigh...I love CG...

• imageMrsTotty:

Because regardless of how comfortable you are with a decision you've made, if someone walks up to you and calls your a heartless biitch of a mother, it makes you want to defend your choices.  

Right, but she didn't say that.  She said it made her sad, which is a pretty different comment than "heartless biitch of a mother." 

• I like The Wizard of Oz.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• imageMelbaToast37:
    imageMrsTotty:

Right, but she didn't say that.  She said it made her sad, which is a pretty different comment than "heartless biitch of a mother." 

Yeah, I don't think so. Someone walks up to me and says, 'the fact that you let your baby cry at night makes me sad' ... I'm still going to defend my choices.  What else do you want people to say? This is a forum where parenting techniques and decisions get kicked around all the time. It would be a really boring place if when someone said, 'your parenting decision makes me sad' everyone else says, 'I'm sorry you feel that way.'

• imageMrsTotty:
    imageMelbaToast37:
    imageMrsTotty:

Yeah, I don't think so. Someone walks up to me and says, 'the fact that you let your baby cry at night makes me sad' ... I'm still going to defend my choices.  What else do you want people to say? This is a forum where parenting techniques and decisions get kicked around all the time. It would be a really boring place if when someone said, 'your parenting decision makes me sad' everyone else says, 'I'm sorry you feel that way.'

And I maintain that it seems those people who aren't content to just agree to disagree seem as though they're not as comfortable with their decision as they think they are.  Your response to the whole thread was pretty even-handed - wait another 6 months and see how you feel about it?  You sound like you're happy with the decision you made for your family and you don't really care what other people think about it.  Previous posters still seem to be pretty worried about the perception of their parenting methods.

• imageMelbaToast37:

And I maintain that it seems those people who aren't content to just agree to disagree seem as though they're not as comfortable with their decision as they think they are.  Your response to the whole thread was pretty even-handed - wait another 6 months and see how you feel about it?  You sound like you're happy with the decision you made for your family and you don't really care what other people think about it.  Previous posters still seem to be pretty worried about the perception of their parenting methods.

Right, but I also have the luxury of being a second time mom with a LOT of hindsight ... which most people in this thread don't have. I can tell you right now if you wanted to go back and look at posts made by me when my first kid was 7 months old ... it would be a completely different ballgame.

Its the nature of the beast. Someone insinuates that my choice to cloth diaper, formula feed, baby wear, CIO is a crappy choice ... I'm going to stand up for it and argue with them. 

Or, I'm going to laugh in their face and tell them they have no farking idea what they're talking about (which is what I'm doing now). Either way, it doesn't mean I'm insecure with my choice, it just means I think they're wrong.  

• imagerimjob:
    I like The Wizard of Oz.

LOL.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrsTotty:
    imageMelbaToast37:

Right, but I also have the luxury of being a second time mom with a LOT of hindsight ... which most people in this thread don't have. I can tell you right now if you wanted to go back and look at posts made by me when my first kid was 7 months old ... it would be a completely different ballgame.

Its the nature of the beast. Someone insinuates that my choice to cloth diaper, formula feed, baby wear, CIO is a crappy choice ... I'm going to stand up for it and argue with them. 

Or, I'm going to laugh in their face and tell them they have no farking idea what they're talking about (which is what I'm doing now). Either way, it doesn't mean I'm insecure with my choice, it just means I think they're wrong.  

Well, I can tell you I'm a 2nd time mom, and I still feel sad when a baby is left to CIO. Your argument about "just you wait 6 months" was kind of silly, since many don't believe in CIO for a 6 month old, but think it's more appropriate for 1 year old when the child has had an opportunity to develop object permanence.

I feel sad when I know a baby is CIO. Does that mean I think all the moms who do it are heartless? No. I think it has a place, and for some babies it is necessary/appropriate and for others it is not. I don't make sweeping generalizations about CIO and take it at a case by case basis. I've flamed some people for CIO, but have supported others.

There's a difference between someone feeling sad at the thought of a baby crying all alone and thinking someone is a terrible, heartless mother.

• imageKC_13:

Well, I can tell you I'm a 2nd time mom, and I still feel sad when a baby is left to CIO. Your argument about "just you wait 6 months" was kind of silly, since many don't believe in CIO for a 6 month old, but think it's more appropriate for 1 year old when the child has had an opportunity to develop object permanence.

I feel sad when I know a baby is CIO. Does that mean I think all the moms who do it are heartless? No. I think it has a place, and for some babies it is necessary/appropriate and for others it is not. I don't make sweeping generalizations about CIO and take it at a case by case basis. I've flamed some people for CIO, but have supported others.

There's a difference between someone feeling sad at the thought of a baby crying all alone and thinking someone is a terrible, heartless mother.

I agree that six months old is a tad young for CIO ... so I will give you that. And I don't care that many 'don't believe' in CIO at any age, I think that's silly. That's like saying I don't 'believe' in breast feeding since I don't do it myself.

Nobody said YOU made sweeping generalizations ... I'm just saying that several in this post did. 

• imageKC_13:
    imageMrsTotty:
    imageMelbaToast37:

She did say she wanted to poke her in the eye and cuddle her baby at 2 am since she won't be.  Violence directed at the mom and then saying you want to do what you are implying she won't is sort of saying something negative about the mom in my opinion.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecruelsound:
    Truth be told, I don't know why some of you are still trying to argue (albeit, civilly) this topic. It's like Groundhog Day up in this biiitch.

True. But I missed all the good stuff, and I'm bored at work right now, lol.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"