3rd Trimester

U/S shows 2 "LOBES" one on each side of my

cervix?  What exactly does this mean?  I was stupid and did not ask the dr enough questions because during my last u/s they discovered partial placenta previa so I was focused on that. My dr said I have a 50/50 shot of being able to deliver vaginally.  I have tried to research the lobe thing but haven't found much.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: U/S shows 2 "LOBES" one on each side of my

• I would call up your office and have the Dr. give you a call back to discuss it further.
  • normally a placenta is round, maybe a bit oval.  Lobes would be like a round off-shoot of the placenta that may or may not be well connected to the placenta.  Or it can be that your placenta is split and is almost like 2 small placentas.  with vaginal birth they may be concerned about the placenta sheering away from the cervix/uterine wall (placental abruption) or they may be concerned that the way the cord connects to the placenta or lobes is not structurally sound.  best to f/u with u/s and follow the advice of your doc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have this.  There is a greater concern for the placenta to pull away early and to make sure to get all the placenta out after the birth.  I had to have a few ultrasounds to make sure the placenta was not covering the cervix and now I am all set to have a vaginal delivery.

It's called placenta succenturiate.

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards