Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Dog attack?

I feel so sorry for that family . T&P to them. I am  curious if anyone knew what kind of breed? I tried to go through the posts but didn't see anything. I'm just really curious that's all.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dog attack?

• It really shouldn't matter the breed.  It can happen to anyone with any type of dog.

Also SS is still online, if she wants to answer, she can.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageabartow:

It really shouldn't matter the breed.  It can happen to anyone with any type of dog.

Also SS is still online, if she wants to answer, she can.

Like i said, I'm curious.

• Loading the player...
  • He's a vizsla, known for being non-aggressive and excellent with children.  Not that it matters.  I grew up with a toy poodle who attacked us on a daily basis.  But she was 6lbs so it didn't matter.  DH grew up with a dachshund, the most aggressive of all dog breeds, especially for children.  They were just careful.  Any dog can and will bite given the right situation.
  • It doesn't matter what breed, but I was curious too.

When I worked at the zoo and people asked if whatever animal I was handling bit, I told them any animal with a mouth can and will bite. 

I rarely come over to the toddler board. I really wish I hadn't this weekend. My Ds was bit on the foot by a bulldog when he was  2 months old and I have had a bit of anxiety about dogs ever since. After reading about this horrible accident, my anxiety level is off the charts.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry this happened. It can happen to anyone. My moms golden bit my son on the face. He had ten stitches and two gashes on his head. We quarantined the dog (no human contact except feeding and going outside). My mom decided to keep the dog and when DS is around we move the dog to the 2nd floor. So for anyone passing judgment- it could have been you. She did nothing wrong.
  • imageJCGreene85:
    I am so sorry this happened. It can happen to anyone. My moms golden bit my son on the face. He had ten stitches and two gashes on his head. We quarantined the dog (no human contact except feeding and going outside). My mom decided to keep the dog and when DS is around we move the dog to the 2nd floor. So for anyone passing judgment- it could have been you. She did nothing wrong.

We are neighbors!  I'm in East Cobb. 

• imageGo_Dawgs:

imageJCGreene85:
    I am so sorry this happened. It can happen to anyone. My moms golden bit my son on the face. He had ten stitches and two gashes on his head. We quarantined the dog (no human contact except feeding and going outside). My mom decided to keep the dog and when DS is around we move the dog to the 2nd floor. So for anyone passing judgment- it could have been you. She did nothing wrong.

We are neighbors!  I'm in East Cobb. 

No way!!! So am I! :)
  • As a child I got bit by 2 labs, a mutt and a collie.  All good dogs with no history and I knew them well.  I just must have been tasty as a child:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that this has happened and that I am sending lots of good thoughts your way for your DD's speedy recovery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • imageadelepickle:
    German Shepard

Where on earth did you get her dog was a German Shepard? 

• imageJoBieger05:

imageadelepickle:
    German Shepard

Probably the same place the media get that every dog that bites someone is a Pit Bull - her ass. :-/

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • imageRuby_Soho:
    imageJoBieger05:

imageadelepickle:
    German Shepard

Probably the same place the media get that every dog that bites someone is a Pit Bull - her ass. :-/

well, duh...if it wasn't a pit bull that did it, it MUST have been a Shepherd.  

• imageaeg*5/11/07:
    imageRuby_Soho:
    imageJoBieger05:

imageadelepickle:
    German Shepard

well, duh...if it wasn't a pit bull that did it, it MUST have been a Shepherd.  

People are so dense when it comes to dogs. Good heavens. I mean EVERY dog that attacks someone just HAS to be a pit bull. And if it's not a pittie then of course it's a Shepherd. And if it's not a Shepherd then it's a Boxer, Mastiff, or some other bully looking dog. 

Is it so hard to be informed? 

Grrrrr Angry

• It really can happen to anyone. My welsh terrier bit DS on his arm early in summer. It was poor supervision boundaries on our part. It was a total normal response on our dogs part as our dog was sleeping and DS hit the dog on his hip that he had surgery on 4 months earlier. We now have new rules at out house for both DS and our dog. Thank goodness DS didnt need stiches. I felt terrible and guilty. I have been thinking about this situation and how terrible it is.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your kids will pick your nursing home some day. Just saying...
  • imageadelepickle:
    German Shepard

I am LOL at this. 

Priceless. 

• imageMrs.McLovin:
    Your kids will pick your nursing home some day. Just saying...

Non sequitur? Or does this somehow relate?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree that it doesn't really "matter" the breed, and I love ALL dogs, but my parents have a GIANT rottweiler and I worry that he will knock her down more than anything else because he's so big (130+ lbs).  I raised him when he was a puppy and trust him but I still worry especially after reading horrible stories like this one. 

I wish a speedy recovery to the little girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"