March 2012 Moms
Options

I'm tired of pooping rocks! TMI .... Yes you read right...

Seriously I'm sorry if it sounds gross but I'm tired of this. I'm going to have to take colace or something bc this really sucks! No one told me this was a pregnancy norm before I was pregnant!Geez, so much unsolicitated advice and no one mentions you can't poop ?! I'm venting...
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: I'm tired of pooping rocks! TMI .... Yes you read right...

• Options
    Definitely start taking a stool softener.  My prenatal has one in it.  I really want to avoid hemorrhoids, so I'm all about getting soft poops when I can!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Lol, I'm right there with you.  Pebbles, rocks, boulders, it sucks.  I've been taking the full dose of colace everyday for almost, I think, over a week and I haven't seen much improvement.  I'm trying to up my water, bought bran cereal to munch on, and started eating yogurt today to see if that might help.  I'll admit there have been a couple times I've resorted to some help from the, uh-hem, bottom up, so to speak, just to get some relief.  It's pretty embarrassing.

I had heard you can have constipation problems in pregnancy, I just didn't expect it so early.  I guess it's just teaching me early to abandon all notions of modesty now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Take a colace pill every single day!  It has helped me a lot.  Also, consider eating Fiber One (the original) every morning for breakfast.  It has 14 grams of fiber and actually tastes pretty good. 

Good luck! 

Juliet Katherine was born on 2/16/12 (4 weeks early) weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz.
    imageimageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My blog, Eat Drink Pretty
  • Options
    You are not alone. Although I'm this way even not pregnant, so I guess I'm used to it. Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Options
    I take colace daily, put fiber sure in my (real) coffee, eat fruit 3x a day, and drink about 4L of water. And my poo is finally not the consistency of deer terds! I never knew I'd be so happy to have a normal sh*t.
  • Options
    colace and water, lots and lots of water, and up your fruits too if you can, but I will again say it, more water!!  People generally do not drink enough, more water!!
    Mini me DD 4/17/08 BFP 12/27/10 m/c @ 8 wks, d&c 2/3/11 BFP 7/6/11 EDD 3/17/12 DS born 3/8/12 Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right there with you!!!   It's ridiculous!  Colace isn't helping much...oh how I wish to be regular again...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally agree, been having problems for quite some time myself.  I have been taking colace off and on and mixing in some prune juice as well.  Been trying to drink more water and eat more fruits and veggies but nothing seems to help.  Good luck, down with rock turds!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain! I called my Dr and said I was having cramps only on my left side. He was like when did you last go? Your bowels are on the left side. He was like we need you to go! Took me off prenatals for a couple of days. Added in softeners. More water more fruit and not much is happening!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didn't have this problem with DD until 2nd trimester, but it was BAD.  Blood, hemorrhoids.... bad.  This time I got constipated right away.  I've been taking Benefiber twice a day and things are a little better.  Oh yeah, and my dr told me to nix the iron supplement until 20 weeks or so.  Iron = evil.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Up until 2 weeks ago it was nothing more than little rabbit turds but I'm not sure if I've done anything or if its just natural but I've been pooing awesomely. I'll admit I'm enjoying every minute of it.

• Options
    My doctor reccomended drinking a gallon of water a day. At first I scoffed at this because it seemed like SO MUCH. But I did notice that on the days I actually make my water quota, I have a pleasant experience in the bathroom the next morning. So definitely try upping the water.
    "Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • Options
    I know.....it's a nasty side effect of pregnancy.  I had it with my first and now with this one!  I broke down and took colace the other day and it seemed to help.  I am also eating prunes every day and drinking lots and lots of water.  I became much more regular after the 1st trimester with my first, I'm hoping the same thing happens again.  It's funny the stuff you take for granted.....like pooping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was in the same boat as you until my doctor suggested I stop my prenatals for a month. He said nothing bad will happen to the baby as long as I continue to eat I will be getting the nutrients the baby needs. It has helped tremendously. I haven't even needed stool softners, milk of magnesia, or metamucil in a couple weeks. It's amazing.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"