Cloth Diapering
Options

AW: Why has no one told me before how addicting this is??

For some reason, I never sewed wool interlock newborn things for my other kids. I always just handknit them. I just sewed a pair of longies and a soaker this morning and about died of squee-ing the whole time! Such teeny, tiny things are SOOOO cute!! I want to sew more, more, MORE! I immediately washed them so they will be ready to go.

(Sorry for the cruddy cell phone pic, but my camera is packed in the hospital bag and I was lazy.)

Now I want to go sew one that snaps on instead of pulls on so that I don't have to pull it up over those newborn chicken legs. :cD

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image image

Re: AW: Why has no one told me before how addicting this is??

• Options

Holy cow those are teeny!  I'm staring at the pen on my desk now, thinking there is no way something that small ever fit LO.

Great job!

• Options
    I forget how tiny newborns are.  eep!  You're so close!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMyBdayPresent:

Holy cow those are teeny!  I'm staring at the pen on my desk now, thinking there is no way something that small ever fit LO.

Great job!

I'm not quite sure I believe these will fit the new guy, but even my ginourmous babies(average baby size across my other 5 is 9.5 pounds, but I've had 2 10-pound+ babies) have fit into newborn things for a little while, so these must fit!  They are sooooo little, though! They're really stretchy, so that will help. I guess we'll see!

image image image image
  • Options
    Aww, so cute! Nice work mama!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    so cute :) I need to get a sewing machine....
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Options
    Where do you find your fabric? Is it 100% wool, or will a wool/poly blend work? I'm tempted :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejoleneandbean:
    Where do you find your fabric? Is it 100% wool, or will a wool/poly blend work? I'm tempted :)

I've gotten mine from co-ops over the years which is a lot cheaper than buying it retail. I don't know of any running it right now, though. I have some that is 100% merino wool, but these were made from a 97/3 blend of merino wool and lycra. I think WCW makes hers from a 95/5 blend. I wash & dry it a couple times to shrink it up a bit and make it thicker. This is also nice because then I can wash my wool in the machine and lay it flat to dry instead of always handwashing.

I think some people get it from Nature's Fabrics.

image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"