March 2012 Moms

Gotta love the comments

While talking to my grandma this weekend she said the following...

"Make sure you register for a safe stroller"

To which I responded, "I was actually planning on getting a really UNSAFE stroller"

She also informed me I need to register at "nice" places. When I told her I'm most likely registering at BRU and Target she just rolled her eyes and looked away. Geez, thanks grandma! 

Anyone else get some fun comments this weekend?? 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: Gotta love the comments

• I was showing my MIL a rash I had on my arm, she then told me it looks like I have it in my face too... I don't that's just my face...
    Abby M D Married 10/7/05 Edd 3/8/12 image
  • I had a woman stop me in walmart today who told me "you're not allowed to eat that in your condition." I was hungry, tired and had to pee so I just let this woman have it! I'm a nurse so I'm perfectly aware of things I should be avoiding when pregnant. I proceeded to tell her that it's a good thing I'm a nurse so I know how much of what I can eat safely, that I hadn't eaten any fish thus far into my pregnancy, I told her the estimated mercury content of the fish I was holding and the recommended max amount per week during pregnancy, I also told her she needed to check her facts before trying to scare the daylights of pregnant women while grocery shopping. I then ever so politely told her that until she checked her facts before speaking she could "suck it." I don't think I've ever been more unlady-like or rude in my life but between HB and my MIL this week I had had about as much crappy advice and do's and don'ts as I could take. It was one of those moments that if it was on tape, it would be youtube GOLD. Gotta love hormonal mood swings during pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • A girl at my work, that I don't talk to very much says.  " It makes me really sad you are not excited to be having  a baby"  Wait what???  Lets see I have designs for both boy and girl rooms I have my crib picked out, gender neutral clothes bought, its all I talk about.  Not excited where did you get that?  "Well I just never hear you talk about it, and when I asked what you wanted you said you don't know.  PLus wasn't it unplanned.  1.) don't talk to YOU about it, in fact i work with you maybe once a week  2).  I took out my IUD to GET pregnant. 3.) I don't know what I want b/c ultimately I want a healthy baby, and  guess what I don't get to choose.  I wanted to sock a ***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejtownley21:
    I had a woman stop me in walmart today who told me "you're not allowed to eat that in your condition." I was hungry, tired and had to pee so I just let this woman have it! I'm a nurse so I'm perfectly aware of things I should be avoiding when pregnant. I proceeded to tell her that it's a good thing I'm a nurse so I know how much of what I can eat safely, that I hadn't eaten any fish thus far into my pregnancy, I told her the estimated mercury content of the fish I was holding and the recommended max amount per week during pregnancy, I also told her she needed to check her facts before trying to scare the daylights of pregnant women while grocery shopping. I then ever so politely told her that until she checked her facts before speaking she could "suck it." I don't think I've ever been more unlady-like or rude in my life but between HB and my MIL this week I had had about as much crappy advice and do's and don'ts as I could take. It was one of those moments that if it was on tape, it would be youtube GOLD. Gotta love hormonal mood swings during pregnancy!

LMAO! You just definitely made my morning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was talking with my MIL about how much worse the nausea has been this time and she's like "Oh, when I was pregnant my boss gave me the best advice for that." Here I'm thinking I'm about to get the big secret cure-all for morning sickness and she says, "Dry crackers. I kept saltines at my desk all the time." Really? Crackers? Thanks for that groundbreaking piece of advice.
  • imageGiambs9807:

imagejtownley21:
    I had a woman stop me in walmart today who told me "you're not allowed to eat that in your condition." I was hungry, tired and had to pee so I just let this woman have it! I'm a nurse so I'm perfectly aware of things I should be avoiding when pregnant. I proceeded to tell her that it's a good thing I'm a nurse so I know how much of what I can eat safely, that I hadn't eaten any fish thus far into my pregnancy, I told her the estimated mercury content of the fish I was holding and the recommended max amount per week during pregnancy, I also told her she needed to check her facts before trying to scare the daylights of pregnant women while grocery shopping. I then ever so politely told her that until she checked her facts before speaking she could "suck it." I don't think I've ever been more unlady-like or rude in my life but between HB and my MIL this week I had had about as much crappy advice and do's and don'ts as I could take. It was one of those moments that if it was on tape, it would be youtube GOLD. Gotta love hormonal mood swings during pregnancy!

aaahh! I LOVE this. How did she react??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CafeMom Tickers
  • A lady I teach with said during bus duty last week, "Wow, I can't believe how big you already are!"  I smiled and was thinking you ***!!!!  After having 3 mc I don't care how big I look (which I have only gained 2lbs!!) or how much weight I gain.  I just want a healthy baby!  No wonder people do not like that lady!
  • imagelindslalala:

While talking to my grandma this weekend she said the following...

To which I responded, "I was actually planning on getting a really UNSAFE stroller"

She also informed me I need to register at "nice" places. When I told her I'm most likely registering at BRU and Target she just rolled her eyes and looked away. Geez, thanks grandma! 

Anyone else get some fun comments this weekend?? 

First and foremost I think these are some of the funniest posts I have read in a while.  Thanks, I needed to laugh on a Monday morning!!!

Second, if BRU and Target are not nice places to register where is??? I know their is Buy, Buy, Baby (uhh, the sale the exact same stuff as BRU for about a 35% mark-up).  But where else? Not that I plan on registering any other place besides BRU or Targert...but it would be interesting to hear what's considered "nice."  LOL.

• I was wondering the same??? Where should we register grandma? : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagelindslalala:

Indifferent

::goes to remove stroller full of broken glass off registry list::

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBigIsland07:
    imageGiambs9807:

imagejtownley21:

aaahh! I LOVE this. How did she react??

She just looked at me and opened her mouth but nothing came out lol. I think if i lightly poked her shoulder she would have fallen over. Serves her right! I think I got about a weeks worth of frustration out in that 40 second rant. I'm wondering what I'm going to end up saying to some stranger that touches my belly when I'm in a bad mood! Watch out world! lol 

• imageDR1819:
    I was wondering the same??? Where should we register grandma? : )

I guess she was thinking along the lines of Pottery Barn and maybe Land of Nod. I had a similar issue with DH's grandma for our wedding telling me where I should be registering. I just nod and smile at this point :) 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imagesalt78:

imagelindslalala:

Indifferent

::goes to remove stroller full of broken glass off registry list::

baahahaa!! Thank you for this Salt!  

DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"