3rd Trimester

Legs cramps :( & baby is already in position at 30 weeks? Normal?

I've been having terrible leg cramps at night, it's getting worse. I put Biofreeze on my calves one night and they went away but my dr. told me to try Oscal..I don't think it's working. Does anyone else have any cures to this??

Also the baby is head down and I'm having horrible back pain at night and my pelvis is stretching and pops all the time..is this normal at 30-31 weeks??

Re: Legs cramps :( & baby is already in position at 30 weeks? Normal?

• It's completely normal! I've had leg cramps when I was 27 weeks and it's just getting worse and worse as weeks go...Now I can barely walk. You could get physical therapy but I didn't I'm just sucking it up until I deliver. My baby has been head down to since 25 weeks so back pains is normal as well as long as they are not throbbing coming and going pains like contractions. Other than that you just pregnant ;) good luck hun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto, I started getting crampy calves around then and shes been head down since about 26 weeks, oh the joys!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live
  • Loading the player...
  • my doctor recommended me to point my toes towards my knees and hold that position for 60 seconds... also to have my hubby push into the ball of my feet and for me to apply counterpressure.  It has only helped temporarily, but I hope that if I continue to do these things it will go away completely!! :0)

Proud Mommy of my Chloe Cat 

photo 19da4e93-5d4a-44cf-a048-cd3d58e26a62.jpgimage

Jan 14 Mom's January 2014 Siggy Challenge: Post Delivery Indulgences

imageimage

• If you have any warning at all that your calf is about to cramp up, flex your foot just as hard as you can, it'll stop it in it's track.  Bananas helped me a lot and having DH massage my calves and feet with some cooling cucumber/mint lotion kept the muscles relaxed.

As for the rest of it, it's totally normal. You'll feel better in a couple of weeks once you get used to it.  I did a lot of yoga thinking it would help, it didn't. Laying with my feet elevated above my heart a couple hours a day helped with the pelvic cramping a lot. So did sleeping with a king size pillow between my legs. Once the pelvic cramping stopped I started doing some leg lifts each day and that really helped with the back pain.

BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211
  • I had them terribly with my son. I read somewhere that you should point you toys to the ceiling when you feel one. When i stretch at night i do that and haven't had one this time at all. My husband started having one the other night and I told him to do that he was so surprise it worked immediately. Really hope this helps, I know they hurt like H*ll.
    CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • I don't know a whole lot about the leg cramps, but it's normal for the baby to be head down at any point really. My little girl has been head down since 21 weeks.
  • I've had the leg cramps and rarely still get them.  Someone on here recommended to me more calcium to decrease the leg cramping. I was already drinking a glass of milk in the AM and the PM along with yogurt daily. I also started eating a string cheese and sometimes having seconds on my milk at dinner. It is always worth a shot to try it! Especially considering it's good for you anyways.  Seems to have done the trick. Now they are alot fewer.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been having some pretty terrible cramps in my calves too and i asked my dr. today if there was anything i could do about it.  he told me to take 2 tablets of calcium citrate at dinner.  i don't know if it helps but anything is worth a try!

January 2014 Spreadsheet
  • I've had the leg cramps and rarely still get them.  Someone on here recommended to me more calcium to decrease the leg cramping. I was already drinking a glass of milk in the AM and the PM along with yogurt daily. I also started eating a string cheese and sometimes having seconds on my milk at dinner. It is always worth a shot to try it! Especially considering it's good for you anyways.  Seems to have done the trick. Now they happen a lot less.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Okay good, I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol and I stretch my calves a lot, I'm a massage therapist so standing all the time doesn't help. At night when I feel them coming I do stretch my toes back and forth. it helps a little . The Dr told me to take Oscal which is a calcium supplement but its not working too well :s

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"