3rd Trimester

Omg! SO much pain! At what point do I go in?

Hey everybody,

I'm now 38 weeks, lost my mucus plug a few days ago (pretty sure, anyways) and for the past two days I've been having a good amount of contractions but they haven't been regular, just painful. Normally, I would chalk it up to BH and move on, but I've also been having LOTS of other pain.

My back is absolutely brutally aching. All in my lower back, usually all around and during my contractions it really (!) hurts. I took a hot shower and it helped dull it a bit, but it's still coming back.

Also, my hips and thighs and pelvic bone areas are killing me! I can't stand without TONS of pressure and it hurts so much I can barely walk and have to hold onto things to support me.

I don't know if this is just normal, if its maybe early labour or if its back labour... But I don't know what to do! I'm holding out for when its completely unbearable, but I was always told that labour was all about the contractions... And I'm kind of feeling like maybe my labour is just different?

I almost want to go in now, see if I've been making progress and if not, BEG them to induce me :/ which I never thought I'd want!

Please help if you can!

Vote on my Baby Names here!
VOTE on my Name List
Surprise! Baby #2!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Omg! SO much pain! At what point do I go in?

• I would go in now, even if they say its just early labor at least you will know forsure.

Back labor can be intense, I dont even remember what stomach felt like but I remember the back pain.

• Sounds like you're maybe having back labor. Do you know what position your baby is in? If you're having back labor, baby is likely facing your front with baby's back toward your back. Get on your hands and knees and do the "cat/cow" arches with your back to have gravity help baby move into the ideal position with his back along your front.

What stage of labor do you think you're in? Early or active? Can you still do other things and be distracted from your contractions (early), or are you having to concentrate really hard to get through them (active)? You want to call/go into the hospital when you're in active labor.

Try to RELAX through the contractions as best you can. Your uterus will involuntarily contract, and you need the rest of your muscles to be as relaxed as possible to lessen the pain.

Good luck!

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Call your doc. That's why they are there. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • I'd call and see if they want you to come in for monitoring.  That's how it started with me with my other two kids, and it was labor.  No harm in calling.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • you can try calling.  if you are not in labor they will not induce you until at least 39 weeks without a medical indication (and pain is not an indication).  That is firm across the board and are ACOG standards so there is no use begging.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"