Nurseries and Baby Gear

Do I really need a humidifier for the nursery?

We have radiators heated by hot water so our house stays comfortable in the winter and the air isn't dry (like forced air heat) so I feel like one isn't necessary.  Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do I really need a humidifier for the nursery?

• When babies get sick you can't really do anything to help them except use a humidifier. They really do help. You could just buy a cheap one and oly bring it out when you need it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm putting one in our nursery, just because I know how I am. I get bloody noses every time the weather changes alot, and my sinuses are really bad. Sleeping with a humidifier helps me be able to breathe better when I wake up in the mornings. YOu never know how your baby will deal with things, so if I were you i'd get one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a cool mist humidifier (Vicks Starry Night--cool star display), a warm mist humidifier (Crane--good reviews), a Nosefrida, and Boogie Wipes--baby is really miserable when they have a cold---fussy going to sleep--baby cannot clear his nose on his own--and everything helps---make baby happy so mommy can get some sleep. 

If you are thinking about a humidifier, I would read the reviews online for the humidifiers. 

https://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?s=D-ReviewRating-TRUS&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&kw=humidifier&origkw=humidifier&kwCatId=&pg=1

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I also have the Vicks Starry Night Cool Mist Humidifier and it was a lifesaver when my winter baby got sick at 6 weeks old. Its that, hot steam from showers, and bulb syringes and nasal spray is all you can do if they get a resp virus. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • We didn't have one, then Xander got a terrible infection (fever, wet cough, runny nose) at 2 months. The humidifier really seemed to help us all (we moved him into our room for the week and he gotten us both sick too).
  • In addition to a humidifier, those vapor wall plug-ins were great for colds.  I think Pedia Care makes them as does Vicks.
  • We registered for one on the advice of friends who have kids.  I don't plan to use it all the time but seemed like a good thing to have (and not have to run out for).
  • I plan to wait until we need one to purchase it (we are lucky though in that the drug store is practically next door). 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes, and trust me, you will need it.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • One of my children uses a humidifier often and the other one does not. I didn't register for one, or even need one for my first until he got stuffy around 6 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"