Breastfeeding

From Pumping & Supplementing to EBF (hopefully)

I just wanted to write in and say thanks again for all the encouragement! I wrote in a previous post about how I was pumping and supplementing with formula when my true wish was to EBF (but as long as DD was happy, I was trying very hard to be happy). After writing here and receiving all of your advice (and with great support from my hubby too- can't leave him out) something all the sudden changed last night. Baby took the boob! And now we are at 14 hours EBFing... cautiously hoping this is it!!!!

But, 2 questions. WHY doesn't anybody tell you how much it HURTS?! Yowza! and secondly, how long until we re-introduce the bottle? This step is not totally necessary, but DH and grammy really do like to feed her sometimes and what if she ever needs a babysitter?

image Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: From Pumping & Supplementing to EBF (hopefully)

• Great job, as far as the hurting part it shouldn't hurt as long as baby is latched on correctly. However if your nipples were already sore then a little pain right at the latching stage is normal but once baby is on it should stop hurting for the rest of the feeding. Be sure babies lips are opened up completely and that neither one is sucked in. If so gently pull the upper lip or chin to get them out, that will help baby take in more aerola rather than just your nipple. Good luck to u.
  • Really? So even though she is getting milk from her latch/suck, she could still be latched on wrong? Is it possible that she's just a super sucker??
    image Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"