Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Recommend your inexpensive video monitor

We are planning to transition from the RNP to the crib this weekend, and I decided I'd like a video monitor.  We already have another monitor though, so I don't want to spend a ton, maybe around $100 max.  I don't need a lot of advanced features, we just want to be able to see her (in the dark).  I'm looking at the Summer Infant Day and Night.  Does anyone have that one or have another one they'd recommend for $100 or less?  I've heard complaints about the sound quality with the Summer Infant, but that wouldn't be an issue for us since we have another monitor that works fine.
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your inexpensive video monitor

• we have the 'summer slim and secure' handheld video monitor...i think it was about $120...we bought it because it had day and 'night' vision (night vision is black and white)...we could turn the sound down, the monitor was portable to take around the house, and the BEST thing of all- we were able to buy another video camera (through summer)  that you can sync to it so that we have camera in our sons room, and one in our daughters room...(i believe that you can have up to 4-5 cameras all over the place)  both showing on the same hand-held monitor.... we love it...oh and we have had no problems with the sound quality at all!
    leahbub
  • image leahbub:
    we have the 'summer slim and secure' handheld video monitor...i think it was about $120...we bought it because it had day and 'night' vision (night vision is black and white)...we could turn the sound down, the monitor was portable to take around the house, and the BEST thing of all- we were able to buy another video camera (through summer)  that you can sync to it so that we have camera in our sons room, and one in our daughters room...(i believe that you can have up to 4-5 cameras all over the place)  both showing on the same hand-held monitor.... we love it...oh and we have had no problems with the sound quality at all!

We have the same one and we love it.  I think it was more like $180 though (we live in MA, not sure if that makes a difference).  But, BRB always gives out tons of 20% off any one item coupons (I think you can find one on their website) and we used that and ended up paying $150ish.  It's worth the money cause sometimes C wakes up for a couple minutes but then goes back to sleep.  If I went in to check on her and she saw me, she'd never get back to sleep.  It's much nicer to just turn on the screen then run into her room at every little noise (which you will, trust me).

• i have a MOBI one that i bought at walmart for about 1.5yrs and i liked it so much that I  bought another camera (for my 2nd DD) so now i can watch both daughters on one adapter. Its nothing fancy but it gets the job done it has night and day and it only costed like $70 (for 1 camera and 1 adapter) i just added another camera for $45 after my 2nd DD was born

oh and the camera is on 24/7 i dont bother shutting it off at it still works after almost 2 yrs!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Edytola:

i have a MOBI one that i bought at walmart for about 1.5yrs and i liked it so much that I  bought another camera (for my 2nd DD) so now i can watch both daughters on one adapter. Its nothing fancy but it gets the job done it has night and day and it only costed like $70 (for 1 camera and 1 adapter) i just added another camera for $45 after my 2nd DD was born

oh and the camera is on 24/7 i dont bother shutting it off at it still works after almost 2 yrs!

We have this one too. Sometimes it gets static-y but nothing too bad.