3rd Trimester

Need a nice dress ASAP!

I am attending a wedding a week from Saturday and I need a dress! I thought I had one that would work from last pregnancy and looks frumpy and is too big. I have a ton of jersey and cotton sundresses etc, but this wedding is fairly formal at a tennis club in the city so I need something a little more dressy.

Any rec's on stores or websites where I can find one?  I tried visiting Motherhood and found nothing really appealing, most were cotton or odd patterns and looked more casual than I would like. Oh and I'd like to not spend a ton since it's a one time wear. TIA!

Re: Need a nice dress ASAP!

• I'm wearing this dress to a wedding next month from Asos:

And this is what I'm wearing to an engagement party this weekend, also from Asos:

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had good luck at Kohl's after shopping around at Target, BRU, and BCF. They did have a lot of cute maternity dresses on sale at Kohl's but I felt like they were all way too big so I bought a nonmaternity empire dress. It was super cute and super comfortable and I am so glad I can wear it again when I am not pregnant. It was Apt. brand but I can't find it online. I got if for $25 down from $50. Good luck, I was just in the same boat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was looking for a dress for my baby shower and saw some nice ones at Destination Maternity and Macys. GL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I have 4 weddings this summer, all in the same group of people, so I have had to find a bunch of semi-formal dresses.  I have found that my best bet was to get non-maternity dresses  in an empire waist style the next size up.  I bought a couple from Macy's and I will probably be able to wear them next summer too. 
  • imagejackiemf:
    I had good luck at Kohl's after shopping around at Target, BRU, and BCF. They did have a lot of cute maternity dresses on sale at Kohl's but I felt like they were all way too big so I bought a nonmaternity empire dress. It was super cute and super comfortable and I am so glad I can wear it again when I am not pregnant. It was Apt. brand but I can't find it online. I got if for $25 down from $50. Good luck, I was just in the same boat!

This.  I bought a plain black non-maternity empire dress from Kohl's to wear to my shower.  I plan to dress it up with some fancier shoes and chunky jewelry and wear it again to a formal wedding next weekend.

• I bought a really cute dress from A Pea in the Pod for only $89.  They had a ton of other cute dresses online as well!  I wore it twice for 2 weddings this summer, so I feel it was money well spent!
  • imageblu-eyedwife:

I'm wearing this dress to a wedding next month from Asos:

And this is what I'm wearing to an engagement party this weekend, also from Asos:

Those are both gorgeous! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"