March 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else have blurred vision?

Last night DH and I were watching a movie and out of nowhere I started to get this visual disturbance in the upper right portion of my vision. It wasn't exactly blurred vision -- it looked more like a kaleidoscope just hanging out in the upper right of my path of vision. It was in both eyes, and went away after about 20 minutes.

A similar thing happened with DS #1 and after visiting a neurologist they didn't know what was wrong and said, "Call if it happens again." It didn't, so I didn't. 

Anyone else have this happen? Any thoughts on what it could be? The many possibilities offered by Google don't seem fitting. 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Anyone else have blurred vision?

• Options
    Yes, you are not alone. I have been having this as well. My nurse told me that it is normal. She said that it is coming from the hormones, that they can cloud up your vision.She said it usually last for about 45 mins. I can't lie, when it first stated to happen, I was freaking out at work. I was scared and it's my first preg. so I am not sure what to expect. Hope this was helpful!
  • Options
    My vision is a little less sharp than normal. I've read in my baby books that this is normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get that when I'm getting a migraine - and I know my migraines are hormonal.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't noticed it yet, but my Mayo Clinic pregnancy book says that the pregnancy hormones cause your corneas to thicken from about week 10 until a few weeks after the baby is born, and that this can cause blurred vision. HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"