3rd Trimester

Extreme back pain... I am SO unbelievably DONE... Encouragement needed :(

I've finally gotten the go ahead to get off bed rest and *WHAM* worst back pain of my life. When its not crazy spasms, its just a dull pain all over and I have to stay in bed anyways!

I've been in bed for five weeks, no back problems! Now that I can get up, I can't!!

I'm so so so done with being pregnant! I loved the experience, I love the baby connection, I love that I'm growing a life in me, but I'm so tired of never sleeping and being in bed and being in pain and I really just want to meet my daughter and start to recover...

Is anybody else feeling this frustrated and defeated?

Vote on my Baby Names here!
VOTE on my Name List
Surprise! Baby #2!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Extreme back pain... I am SO unbelievably DONE... Encouragement needed :(

• I did go for a walk, but I don't think it helped... I had to keep stopping because of spasms, and had to go right to bed when I got back.
    Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep, I can hardly sleep anymore and I can't remember the last time I ate anything without feeling like I was going to throw up for hours after.  Some days I can deal with it and others I just feel like I am going crazy and can't take another day.   

Maybe you're just weaker than you realize from the bed rest and the pain will get better after you're up a bit?  I hope you feel better and can at least get some back rubs out of it.

• When my back started acting up a few months ago at work, due to my pregnancy, I would use a heating pad on the low setting for 10-15 minutes when I got home. It almost always worked and would loosen up my tight back, allowing me to get comfortable. Maybe that would work or try a bath- not too hot, but warm enough to relax the muscles.  I hope you're feeling better quickly!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry :( I feel your pain about being on bed rest forever and then having to wait around in pain. I'm in a similar crappy situation. Have you considered asking your doctor to prescribe to help you be more comfortable? You shouldn't just have to live in excruciating pain...
    Lucky SAHM to Grace

2.5 years, 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs, and 1 FET

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg" />
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Blog
  • yoga cat and cow has always helped me when my back hurts....maybe you can google some other yoga poses to help with the pain.  i have also worn those 8hour heating packs and that has helpted as well....with a couple of tylenol thrown in.  Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm right there with you :( I haven't been on bed rest, but I've had back pain beginning at 22 weeks and finally couldn't work because it became so severe. I'm working from home now, but if I'm sitting up or walking around much it starts killing me and laying down is the only thing that helps. I have completely hit a wall... with back pain, still throwing up EVERY morning, and now heartburn! I'm so over being pregnant! Ugh....

I just keep telling myself LO is all worth it and counting down the days... ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Talk to your doctor to see if you can be referred to PT. It helped me with lower back/hip issues. Before PT walking brought tears to my eyes. Two months later I'm back to my regular exercise (modified for low impact) and walking again. I still have some pain, but NOTHING similar to what I had before PT.