27 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Welcome to Week 27!

Welcome to Week 27 of your pregnancy! Chat with other Week 27 Bumpies here.

Re: Welcome to Week 27!

• Options
    This is pretty neat- always nice to chat with others :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Hmm not much action here yet.. will wait to see what happens next week...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is pretty exciting. More firm movements (I think she's dancing on my bladder). My itty bitty one gets the hiccups every once in a while, pretty interesting.
  • Options
    Getting a lot more cramps in my legs. Getting very hard to sleep on my sides.. my lower back and butt ache all through the night... But it seems that i have a lot more energy these days to do a lot more stuff around the house.
  • Options
    Well, it's official, I can't see my vag anymore.  I had to shave my bikini line this morning since we are going away for the weekend (no sex, just swimming with the fam!) and I had to do it from memory.  Hellllooooo week 27!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This my first time chatting on thebump...
  • Options

My hips always hurt at night. I end up switching side to side quite frequently.

• Options

HI. I'm into week 27 now!! I started to feel a vibrating feeling down low in my stomach it only lasts a few seconds. I felt it twice last night for the first time. Is this normal??Tongue Tied

• Options
    I have that too sometimes.  I think its perfectly okay.  It could be gas or even the baby moving her hands or feet.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My hips were hurting as well, more so during the night and in the morning from sleeping. My midwife suggested taking a homeopathic medicene called calcarea phosphorica which is used for growing bone pain.  It worked great for me, but as always, I would talk to your doctor before trying anything.
  • Options

Has anyone had any numbness? About 4 weeks ago I started to have periods of numbness in my upper right leg - eventually it became numb all the time.  Now I am also having numbness in my left rib cage area (right below my breast) - my doctor said it's "normal" but it's such a strange sensation! I hope I regain feeling after the baby's born haha

• Options

Hey all.  Question...anyone else getting numbness in their arms at night or feel like their baby is punching their bladder ?  I get this bizarre twinge like I have to pee or he is going to fall out!! I think he is bouncing on my bladder like its a trampoline. 

The hiccups feel so strange!! Its like a heartbeat, but fluttery.  

• Options
    Oh boy! I feel the same way and it drives me crazy. Then I feel somewhat of a gentle ache in that area, my butt, and thigh sometimes when I walk. Ugghhh!!!
    Ms. CLD
  • Options
    I have the same thing! on my right side under my breast. I was just about to call my doc and ask about it, good not know its not just me.
  • Options
    I have woken up a couple of times in the night and my arm has fallen asleep along with major leg cramps!  I'm loving my growing belly, but my body is definitely feeling the impact of this growing baby girl!  I'm going in for a massage tomorrow after work.  My back is killing me!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i have had that numbness to right under my right breast, kinda feels like a pinching sensation sometimes, i think its just a pinched nerve :)
  • Options

im getting so close  i wonder if i will go all the way to 40 weeks

• Options

Week 27 and excited! However, not excited about aching hips and butt. I have that too. It's hard to sleep. Not sure what to do about it but it feels better when I get up and walk around.

Nice to talk to other week 27 ladies!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am 27 weeks with twins. My girl (upper tummy) kicks are strong little bumps. My new son  (lower tummy) kicks are more vibrating. My Ob says its just him fighting the muscles and being squirmy.
  • Options

Hi ladies:

I've got the hip and pelvic area pains too like some of you. And a strange feeling like heartbeats at my belly bottom...hiccups I saw one person say? Wow, interesting. Nights are painful because of the hips pains to turn or get up to go to the bathroom (which is several times a night) is a chore. Still I'm excited to meet my little Adam. Seeing him born healthy will make all this worthwhileSmile

• Options

Hi there,

I had my 27 week routine ob-gyn check up today and was experiencing the pelvic area pains. My doctor recommended a pregnancy support belt. You can find them online for a decent price if not in stores. It helps to lift baby off your pelvis and even out the weight. Hope that helps!

• Options

try laying on your back with a pillow under your legs. it will help alot

• Options
    Hey all 27 weekers!  Anyone else ready to get on with the show?  Now that the weather is starting to get nice out, it makes me think of the spring things I want to do.  13 more weeks to go!
  • Options

YAY!! In my last week of the second trimester. This is getting surreal now and I can't wait to hold this bundle of joy! Everything seems to be moving on target for me. Pregnancy has been great. I am now getting acid reflux again... with everything I eat. Going to the RR ALOT!! We just started our classes two weeks ago and we will tour the hospital in the next few weeks. We have a few of our baby showers lined up and I can't wait! Finally the room is coming together now we just need the little nick nacks to place in there!

I wanted to wish you all the best last week of your second trimester!! God Bless 

• Options
    The time is flying..... Ive had a pretty low key pregnancy. There is definitely a dance club that opens every night between 2:30 and 5 am...  Other then that, nothing to report.
  • Options

I may have mentioned this before on an earlier board but sleeping with a small pillow (like a couch pillow) between your thighs on your side helps alleviate leg cramps. I was getting those bad calf cramps but with the pillow it has mostly gone away. I wake up sometimes and feel the beginnings of the cramps and squeeze around the pillow and they go away.

I also have to pee less than 2 weeks ago..I think he's moved off my bladder for now because I don't feel that bladder pressure I was getting before. I can bend down easily and do a mile run without using the RR. (yep saw OB yesterday and all was ok:) Strong heartbeat and all!)

The more active I am, the better I feel , esp cardio-run and elliptical and biking, so  I recommend this to everyone. Listen to your body but don't give up exercise  completely. I'd be a zombie without it.

• Options
    Hi I'm in week 27, what does everyone think about going to birthing class for your first baby-- I am debating paying money to go or reading/ watching to learn??
  • Options
    I am planning to go.  I think I will get more out of the in person class and can freely ask question.  Check different hospital in the area some are cheaper than others.
  • Options

As a nurse, I also questioned the benefit of me attending a birthing class.  I went and LOVED it!  The best part about going was that my husband learned a LOT about how to help me through it and what to expect.  We both enjoyed it!

• Options
    Yes I think it's normal. I've also had numbness under both my breasts for a few weeks now. 
  • Options
    we went to birthing class and loved it. I think it prepares you more and gives you different ideas on how to handle it and what to expect. I did speak to one of the girls and that was the 2nd class she went to. The first one she said wasn't as good as the one we went through. I think a lot of it depends on the teacher but we loved it.
  • Options
    CANT WAIT TIL MY BOY HERE!
  • Options
    i have been feeling that too! Don't know what that is - glad I'm not the only one...
  • Options
    i've had that numbness in my left rib cage area too....it's so strange!  
  • Options

Okay, so I have had a lot of hip pain in the middle of night and find myself just waking up and being awake for awhile. My little guy seems always be on the move and kicking. I can't believe it is already week 27. I am having my baby shower next weekend any one else having one in the next month?

• Options
    LOVING all the movement/ kicks I've been feeling!!!! Not being able to sleep comfortably at night has be tired/cranky all day!!!! Sooo excited, hope the third trimester goes FAST!!
  • Options
    Same here sister!
  • Options
    As of 27 weeks, I find I have to alternate between laying on my left side the majority of the night with a pillow laid long-ways between my legs and a little one to hold onto, laying briefly on my right side the same way, and if I wake up in the middle of the night and struggle to fall back to sleep after another of my endless trips to the RR, then I pile 3 pillows up to prop myself up and open my airways, and have the fourth put in place under my knees to relieve pressure on my hips and lower back. As for typical symptoms during the day, no swelling yet but I find my knees start hurting after just a few lunges in my workout, or even after a mile long walk. The constant previously mentioned bathroom breaks are getting old-especially when baby kicks my bladder and the sensation gives a new urgency to making it there. lol I am thirsty all the time and drink a lot of water so this doesn't help. But I noticed I'm not nearly as hungry any more and it takes so little to fill me as there just isn't room anymore in there for baby, organs AND a big meal. So I guess so far, I would say this is a fairly typical quiet pregnancy, and I hope it stays that way! :)
  • Options
    To: mrsrgl
    Your post cracked me up! I too had to do some memory shaving! I asked my hubby if when I'm completely hopeless with that area if he would help...he said yes but I'm not sure how firm that yes was! Just hope no one cares!!! Hope you had a great trip!

I haven't had much aches and pains yet, but the indigestion is ruff! Tums is my friend!

I don't mind all this changing, just means I get to see my little man soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"