Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What brand of pacifier?

Hi. I could use some help. My LO likes to recreational nurse and soothe/comfort himself on my breast. Obviously this is not a good thing (hard to break, tendency to get more milk than needed, etc) but he won't take a pacifier. We've tried the Nuk and Avent brands. Any suggestions on other brands that he might accept? 

Re: What brand of pacifier?

• DS really likes MAM.  We tried Tommee Tippee, Nuk and Soothies with little success.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My DS is the same...he's almost 3 weeks.  We tried the soothie from the hospital and the gumdrop, which is similiar to the soothie but more molded for the face.  He'll take it sometimes, but a lot of the time is disinterested in it.  We just keep trying it so he'll get more used to it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My son only took the Playtex ortho-pro (latex) at first. image

He just now started taking the mam and advent pacis (both silicone). He never took the gumdrop that the hospital provided.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if you can get them in the US, but we use one called Natursutten. It's the really old-school looking brown, natural rubber soother. It's designed to touch their nose like a breast does so that it doesn't interfere with breastfeeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • My LO loves her Gumdrop! They're neat cause the nipple is hollowed out and it's all one piece. No plastic just the rubber.

https://www.gumdroppacifier.com/ 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MAM for sure! When DD was a newborn she only took MAM, so I tried that brand with DS and he is doing well with MAM too.  He hates the other brands..
  • MAM! Used them for my oldest 2 as well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • skioskio member

Keep trying!

We tried Soothies, Gumdrop, Avent and Nuk before finding MAM pacifiers, which she loves. Thank God.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • At the hospital they gave DD a MAM so that is what we've been using and she likes them.  We've also used the Avent ones.  DD doesn't seem to be too picky and isn't dependent on them either, just more to soothe.

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • DD will only take playtex ortho. We tried MUM, Nuk, Soothie, First Years gumdrop and she would immediately pull them out of her mouth.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • DS #1 loved MAM.  Haven't had any luck getting DS #2 to like them though.
    Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image
  • imageKELSOSK:

My LO loves her Gumdrop! They're neat cause the nipple is hollowed out and it's all one piece. No plastic just the rubber.

https://www.gumdroppacifier.com/ 

I second the Gumdrop pacifiers!

• I have avent soothie and reg avent pacis and they seem gigantic compared to the MAM that I got at the hospital. She loves MAM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"