Baby Showers
Options

Newlywed game? (newly parent game?)

Anyone have questions where you compare answers between mom-to-be to dad-to-be?

Re: Newlywed game? (newly parent game?)

• Options
    How does the game work?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

When changing a diaper what is the first thing you do?

When warming a bottle where do you test it?

How many diaper do you change for baby in a day?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetrinny:
    Anyone have questions where you compare answers between mom-to-be to dad-to-be?

Depending on the crowd: "Where was this baby conceived?" LOL 

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was at a shower where this game totally bombed.  The M2B didn't get a lot of the answers right and got very upset and felt like she was a total idiot and unprepared to be a parent. Honestly I really think it ruined her shower experience for her b/c she was so bummed afterward.  I wouldn't play it.
  • Options

You ask the mom "What did DH say when he found out you were pg?"  and then compare it to her DH's answers that you asked him before the shower. 

Ex:

Mom:  He said "I'm so happy!" with tears in his eyes

DH:  I said "I want a boy!"

• Options

imageweddingbells2010:
    I was at a shower where this game totally bombed.  The M2B didn't get a lot of the answers right and got very upset and felt like she was a total idiot and unprepared to be a parent. Honestly I really think it ruined her shower experience for her b/c she was so bummed afterward.  I wouldn't play it.

Yikes.  Yeah, i wasn't thinking about baby care questions-- more personal/cute ones like

Who did you first tell you were pregnant?

What did DH say when you told him you were pg?

Did DH want a boy or a girl?

I like the conceived one!  LOL...

• Options

I took most of these from a shower where guests tried to answer ?s about the mom-to-be, but I tried my best to reword things for a newlywed game.

When could mom last see her feet?

What is the first baby item mom/dad bought?

What are mom's food cravings and aversions?

How did mom find out she was pregnant?  How did she tell dad?  What did he say?

How often does dad massage mom's feet, bring mom food/flowers/etc? 

What nickname or pet name does mom/dad call the baby? 

Questions about where the parents met, first date, etc

Questions about the parents as babies - birth size, first words, etc. 

A list of chores and who will be do them, or if they both will split the work.

Instead of serious newborn care questions, you could ask random trivia questions like # of bones a newborn has or how many diapers a baby uses per year.  

• Options

We played this game at one of my showers, which was co-ed.  It was a lot of fun but one word of caution: be careful how much teasing the dad-to-be takes.  My DH and I are first time parents, and it was a little embarassing (especially to DH) how little we knew.  He is  a quiet, laid back guy and he got a little too much.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"