August 2011 Moms

Trip to L&D...

So earlier this evening I started having contractions...Yesterday I had my final OB check and was at around 1cm.  OB told me that if I had bad contractions at least 5 minutes apart and they lasted for over an hour to call.  So I had some contractions yesterday nothing regular.  I spent the entire night and most of today contraction free.  Then they started every 2 to 4 minutes and lasted for over a minute, I timed them for an hour and they were consistent and constant.  So I called the on-call OB and he informed me to come in and be checked.  I called my mom and she and my sister came to get me and my son (DH was at work an hour away and if it wasn't time I didn't want him to leave for no reason).  The on-call said if there was no cervical change I was going home...well I went home and my contractions were 5 minutes apart when I left the hospital.  So unless it gets worse or my water breaks I just have to hang in there until Thursday am when I'm having my c-section.  I didn't realize how much contractions hurt since I never felt any of this with my son (he was breech).  I just want to have her because keeping up with my son alone is extremely difficult, but on a positive side my mom and dad are picking him up tomorrow afternoon when they get out of work.  It's only because I have to be at the hospital for 5:30am Thursday to get ready for my c-section...I can't believe my baby girl will be here by Thursday morning!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...