August 2011 Moms

Stop telling me to have sex!

I don't know why being past my due date suddenly gives people permission to tell me to have sex. I have texts, comments on facebook, emails... everyone keeps telling us to get busy. Here's the deal - we already are! Today I have already had three people tell me to have sex, so I just told them point blank that we did it last night - more than once. That shut them up.

Anyone else annoyed that their sex life is suddenly a topic of conversation??

Re: Stop telling me to have sex!

• AHHHHHH!!! I am there with you! My grandma called and told me to get the baby here sooner that my hubby and I should fornicate FREQUENTLY. Seriously wanted to die... LOL!

Now it is people at work that I hardly talk to that are telling me to have sex the same way they'd ask me for a copy of something... "so how are you feeling? oh hey you should go home and have sex!" WTH!

• AHHHHHH!!! I am there with you! My grandma called and told me to get the baby here sooner that my hubby and I should forenicate frequiently. Seriously wanted to die... LOL!

Now it is people at work that I hardly talk to that are telling me to have sex the same way they'd ask me for a copy of something... "so how are you feeling? oh hey you should go home and have sex!" WTH!

• YES! Everyone, even strangers are telling me to have sex to induce labor!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bwahahahahaha!! Awkward!

I had the cashier at the grocery store tell me to let DH "twerk my nipples" just now. Me and the little bag boy were both like O_O

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • image DarrenAndMelissa:

I don't know why being past my due date suddenly gives people permission to tell me to have sex. I have texts, comments on facebook, emails... everyone keeps telling us to get busy. Here's the deal - we already are! Today I have already had three people tell me to have sex, so I just told them point blank that we did it last night - more than once. That shut them up.

Bahahahaha! This hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll have to keep your response in mind in case it does!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image lizliechti:

AHHHHHH!!! I am there with you! My grandma called and told me to get the baby here sooner that my hubby and I should forenicate frequiently. Seriously wanted to die... LOL!

Bwahahahaa! Especially if you can't fornicate if you're MARRIED! Grandmas are so funny :P

image image image
  • I've decided that the next person that asks anything that has to do with how far my vag/ cervix has stretched I'm just replying with, "well my vag has currently only stretched out about as thick as DH's penis is!!!!!!"  or something else that will make them feel awkward and hopefully stop bugging the crap out of me!!!!!!!!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
  • My mother-in-law decided to tell me that since sex and spicy food can both supposedly bring on labor, then we should try a combination approach- as in if hubby and I BOTH eat spicy food and then have sex, our chances will be even better! DH was not at all comfortable with this kind of sexual strategizing from his mother!

• Ew what is wrong with people?! I'd want to throatpunch them!
    Lucky SAHM to Grace

2.5 years, 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs, and 1 FET

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg" />
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Blog
  • image Iove.wins:

bwahahahahaha!! Awkward!

I had the cashier at the grocery store tell me to let DH "twerk my nipples" just now. Me and the little bag boy were both like O_O

Wow. Just wow. Some people! 

• image Iove.wins:

bwahahahahaha!! Awkward!

I think this might be the funniest comment made to a pregnant woman - how awkward is that :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

UGH! I know right? I have been having plenty of sex trying to induce this labor. Judging from both of our tickers its obviously sex does NOT work! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No one has said anything to me about sex yet. Then again, I've been avoiding people like the plague. I just hate getting asked a bunch of dumb questions like:

"When's that baby coming?"

How the heck do I know when the baby is coming? Unless I have an induction or c-section scheduled, there is no way to know! I've been getting so irritated with people's questions and suggestions that I haven't been answering the phone. 

• hehehe!!! I didn't correct her on he fornicating but I did tell her I really had to get off the phone!
  • AMEN!  This is totally me, everyone has told me to have sex.  My dad is the big proponent these days and I finally just told him to stop.  Why is it that since I have a baby in my belly it is everyone's business of when we have sex or why we had sex.  In the beginning... "so were you trying?" NOW... "Go and do it with your hubs so you can get that baby out!"

UGH!!!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, seems like when you are pregnant people feel it is ok to ask/say anything inappropriate.  Like early on the comments of was this planned.  I've been getting weird questions/comments from the beginning and now the sex advice, really?  First of all you are not the first one that has informed me that sex can "bring on" labor.  And really it doesn't bring anything on it just helps to thin things out down there.  Eating a whole pineapple will thin things out too.  I'm just going to start asking them if I should I eat a whole pineapple before or after sex or maybe during.  And is that before or after I go for a 10 mile walk every day?  And than see where that gets me in the conversation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nice!  At Sunday dinner when my in-laws told me the same thing, I just said "it's not working"... My husband (who is WAY more shy than I am about stuff like that) almost DIED... But hey, they're the ones who brought it up! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I'm not passed my due date, but have a c/s scheduled for Thursday (8/11).  I've been told she's coming soon and that I won't make it to my c/s.  DH wants nothing to do with it since he's afraid he'll hurt her.

Yesterday had my final appointment and OB said have sex, especially since he swept my membranes.  Over the weekend my mom and sister and even my friends have been telling me to have sex.  Does DH listen, of course not.  My mom just called and asked me if we "did it" last night or at all today before he went to work and I said no.  She wants to know what his problem is and I said who knows.

I am sick of it too...Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker I'm a Mom Maven. Learn More...
  • image Mrs.P08:

AMEN!  This is totally me, everyone has told me to have sex.  My dad is the big proponent these days and I finally just told him to stop.  Why is it that since I have a baby in my belly it is everyone's business of when we have sex or why we had sex.  In the beginning... "so were you trying?" NOW... "Go and do it with your hubs so you can get that baby out!"

UGH!!!

This is so true!!! I hated that question in the beginning too... some people are so classy...

• The only one that tells me to have sex is DH. Poor thing does not like the 6 week rule. He says he's just trying to soften my cervix lol! Guess that's what I get for getting pregnant on the honeymoon... :)
  • Ugh seriously.  I get that we have to deal with the constant "when are you due?" "you haven't popped yet?" etc but that is so inappropriate.  Do I normally discuss my sex life, vagina or nipples with you?  Then let's not start now!

Our friend keeps telling me I need to "toughen up" my nipples to breastfeed.  It's awkward enough coming from a guy in his 50s, but he does it while pretending to tweak his own nipples through his shirt....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards